Author Topic: Back in the Water  (Read 2571 times)

Bklyn2Oahu

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Back in the Water
« on: February 27, 2014, 11:04:54 PM »
It's been a while since i've posted in this group. I sold my C4 SUP back in June 2013 and I just got around to getting another SUP and paddle. I scored a used Naish Glide 14' last week and also bought a new Ke Nalu Maliko paddle. Took it out for the first time today in Keehi lagoon. Mid day conditions looked good until I got 25% through. Winds picked up and I ended up doing the first 25% with no wind, the next 50% with side shore conditions and the last 25% with stiff upwind conditions. Needless to say that after not paddling for 8+ months it was a brutal first day (1:15) back in the water, and i'm starting to get sore, but overall it was an awesome paddle!! The board and paddle felt natural and I didn't feel out of paddling shape (probably because i've been surfing all winter). I look forward to more paddles and adventures on my new board!  If anyone is interested in getting together for a paddle give me a shout. 
14' Naish Glide

Ke Nalu Maliko

supthecreek

Re: Back in the Water
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 05:29:02 AM »
Hey WT... good to see you back!
Hard to believe you managed that long without going for a paddle. :D

How do you like your flat-water options around there? Do you ever go over Kaneohe Bay? That area is beautiful.

Bklyn2Oahu

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Back in the Water
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 11:50:24 PM »
Haven't paddled Kaneohe Bay yet.  I've surfed on the Marine Corps base lots of times.   K-Bay looks like it 's pretty shallow, but I plan to explore it soon.
14' Naish Glide

Ke Nalu Maliko

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal