Author Topic: September is Here! September is Here!!!!  (Read 9050 times)

Blane Chambers

September is Here! September is Here!!!!
« on: August 30, 2007, 11:05:21 PM »
September...   What does September mean?    Well, for us who were born and raised on the North Shore it means Summer is on the way out and Winter is ready to fire.     Sept usually has a couple swells that churn up the waters and get the heart pumping..       All the summer training or lack there of come into play before October...   Will I paddle out?   Can I handle the beatings?  September usually delivers something with power to test the body and mind...     Funny how Summer lulls you into such a passive mode...   A lot of times, Winter requires the warrior mode...       

Last season we started off with cruiser boards.   Wide noses, wider tails, relaxed rockers etc...   Stuff for the fluff waves of summer.   No one was ready for what was to come.     We had to adapt during the height of the season trying new designs that eventually opened the door to consistently ripping critical waves.     Soon after Ikaika was getting dry barrels at Backdoor.   Kealii was charging the inside section at real Sunset...   Da boys were unleashing it in medium to big waves day in and day out towards the end of the season.....  The performance bar was raised to new heights on a consistent basis.     Much higher than a nose ride, lay back cut back combo at Queens.   Those are dime a dozen these days...    Now a lay back snap in the pit at maxed out Haleiwa or a big fade then pull into a warping, double overhead barrel at inside Sunset is Awesome! 
Ikaika Kalama doing what has become common for him...

This season will be different.     This Winter we're prepared from the beginning with boards and knowledge much farther ahead than the end of last season.     Our glassers both here and in San Diego have been pumping out guns for waves of consequence.      Boards to ride in the barrel.     I got all this adreneline building up after weeks of sitting with some of the most respected big wave riders in the world and their plans for this Winter...   Where they want to go with stand up will again set the standards of the true, absolute performance surfing...   

Other shapers like Dennis Pang who has years of experience on the North Shore will be shaping boards to push the performance levels...   Out of the way Mysto spots will be tapped.    The surfers are ready and have trained hard all summer...    Its a whole new ball game!   Look at the picture of Laird in the new Water magazine...    A 20'+ bomb!     Do you see where this is going?    Ahwooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Ahhhh September....    Good times right around the corner!   I can hardly wait!

Aloha,
Blane Chambers

www.paddlesurfhawaii.com

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
Re: September is Here! September is Here!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 04:38:24 AM »
Blane,

I asked the local SUP shop I buy from to contact you about boards. They tried your e-mail and private messaging. No response.

Have you reached your limits? No new dealers?

I could buy direct, but I like the guy running the shop and prefer to support him because he is hard core about SUP surfing.

He is the only shop in Wrightsville Beach NC taking this sport seriously, in a huge surf community. He has had SUPs in stock "all" summer, while the other shops don't.

If you go to Surf Expo, problem solved. He'll be there.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 04:46:13 AM by DW »

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 06:05:29 AM »
Damn Blane,

I was just warming myself up to September and some true North Shore 3-4 foot days, and you guys are already in warrior mode  :)

I need to go to the courage store.

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 09:35:26 AM »
Hi Blane,

A couple of pointers for Ikaika.  No need to bend the knees so much, go for a more vertical style, this is stand up after all.  Try a paralell stance.  Also, stop grabbing all my waves, I was clearly up and riding first.

:) I promise to only steal his waves (and butcher Allen's awesome pictures) in Photoshop.

shapeshifter

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 09:57:30 AM »
nice picture there chan! good to see you in the groove...
whoever invented the hole... knew nothing.
...ooooO...................
...(.......)......Ooooo....
....\.....(.......(.......).....
.....\.__)........)...../.....
...................(__./......

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 11:53:01 AM »

Thanks, if only dropping em’ were as easy as photoshopping em’.  It would take some huge ovaries (hehehe) to drop barreling waves like these.

shapeshifter

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 02:39:16 PM »
...and i thought you just invented barbi doll tow-in stand up paddle surfing. my dreams have been dashed into the waves of time.
whoever invented the hole... knew nothing.
...ooooO...................
...(.......)......Ooooo....
....\.....(.......(.......).....
.....\.__)........)...../.....
...................(__./......

Blane Chambers

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 03:22:06 PM »
Blane,

I asked the local SUP shop I buy from to contact you about boards. They tried your e-mail and private messaging. No response.

Have you reached your limits? No new dealers?

I could buy direct, but I like the guy running the shop and prefer to support him because he is hard core about SUP surfing.

He is the only shop in Wrightsville Beach NC taking this sport seriously, in a huge surf community. He has had SUPs in stock "all" summer, while the other shops don't.

If you go to Surf Expo, problem solved. He'll be there.

We were at our limits since we started!!    Coming soon is our sister company which is called Paddle Surf America.     It is our Distribution hub.     All this will be up and running by October.     We'll be at the Jan Surf Expo in Orlando but will be taking orders long before that...    We'll let everyone know when we're ready to be open for distribution.      We will have plenty state of the art boards available then....   Right now its all about building, building, building!!

Aloha,
Blane

www.paddlesurfhawaii.com

iwaterman

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 03:25:13 PM »
Chan,  this the second time you've made me laugh hard enough to start a coughing fit.  STOP IT!  Funny stuff.....keep it up.

:D

Aloha....

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 04:06:18 PM »
Blane,
A while back on Swaylocks you had posted an insane looking photo of a guy wading with SUP gear in huge shorebreak.  I wanted to link it, but could not find it.  Can you help?

Blane Chambers

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 08:58:26 PM »
Blane,
A while back on Swaylocks you had posted an insane looking photo of a guy wading with SUP gear in huge shorebreak.  I wanted to link it, but could not find it.  Can you help?

Does this look like it?  Hee hee!

Blane Chambers

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 09:05:17 PM »

Thanks, if only dropping em’ were as easy as photoshopping em’.  It would take some huge ovaries (hehehe) to drop barreling waves like these.

How dare you Photoshop my friends picture?   Do you not understand copyright laws??   Only NACHO can alter photos!!    Ahwooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! (Nacho's paddle is hiding in the cape) Hee hee!

Blane Chambers

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 09:15:05 PM »

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 05:47:27 AM »
Does this look like it?  Hee hee!

OhhhYeahhh, that's the one.

Only NACHO can alter photos!!    Ahwooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! (Nacho's paddle is hiding in the cape) Hee hee!

I ate some bugs...I ate some grass...

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2007, 09:41:39 AM »
I like his style, and as for the big banana, in a word: impressive.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Dusk Patrol
April 19, 2024, 12:51:49 PM
post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
April 19, 2024, 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard