Author Topic: Intro  (Read 5319 times)

andygere

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Waveyarder Hollow Wood SUP build
    • Email
Intro
« on: July 15, 2007, 09:06:39 PM »
I'm a long time surfer, sea kayaker and all around waterman, and have recently become interested in SUP, so I was stoked to find this forum.  I've been reading all I can about the sport, and I can't stop thinking about it, perhaps due to the extended flat spell we've been having in Santa Cruz this summer.  I look forward to learning more, and getting out on a SUP board soon.

RUSS-D

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Intro
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 03:14:16 AM »
I have just recently gotten involved with SUP'n and I love it. At the moment I am on an old Windsurf board, giving it a go untill my SUP is finished for me. I should have it by the end of the week. I went out on the windsurfer yesterday with my bud that already has his SUP board, and we did 5.2 miles. What a great workout, and good time on the water. And you think you have it rough with flat spells, try living on the Gulf of Mexico, we haven't had waves for months. I got to hit the East Coast on the 4th of July for some waist to chest, with occasional head high sets, of sheet glassthough. That was a lot of fun. I am also trying to get this sport rollingover here on the Gulf. got a local shaper wanting to build the boards, and a shop I surf for wants to carry them .

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 03:23:26 PM »
Andy,
I don’t know if the flat spell is the cause of your distraction, I find myself thinking about standup all the time and we have had waves here practically every day this month.  I haven’t been this excited since my sixth grade crush, Timmy Cooby, asked me out. 
Aloha,
Chantalle

andygere

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Waveyarder Hollow Wood SUP build
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 09:10:42 PM »
Russ-D, I know I shouldn't complain...I'm spoiled and/or blessed with good surf most of the time, so these flat spells just stand out more.

CHAN, There was a guy SUP surfing out in the line-up at my local break on Saturday morning, and I was just enthralled with the grace and ease with which he was catching the tiny but well-formed waves.  This has been on my mind perhaps more than it should.  I was involved with the growth of snowboarding going back to the mid 80's when it was all new, everybody experimenting, innovating, trying new things.  It was a neat time to be involved in the sport and the industry, and the SUP revolution reminds me of those days. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal