Author Topic: Family snorkeling  (Read 1728 times)

kneil

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Family snorkeling
« on: December 26, 2013, 07:17:11 AM »
Hey Zoners, I really want to take my girls to Florida/Caribbean area, anywhere that the water is calm and clear right from the beach, and easy for snorkeling.  Would prefer US, USVI, and PR as no passports, any advice for good resorts where I could also maybe rent a SUP?  Thanks!

outcast

• Peahi Status
  • Ambassador for Nihilistic Surf
    • View Profile
Re: Family snorkeling
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 10:36:54 AM »
I have 8. 10 and 12 yo olds
Wanted to do exactly that .

Last year went to Puerto Rico...East side....Stayed at Fajardo Inn, then took a boat to Culebra.

Perfect for them, and me....minimal current, plenty of action close to shore, not too deep...not expensive....great time....we will probably go back.  maybe more time in Culebra....there are day trip boats, but at least in Culebra, it was real easy right off the beach.

A lot of places have too much water for them (and me to keep an eye out)....They are good swimmers, and I had no worries.

Then we bolted to Rincon...plan was to prone at small Maria's but arrived to head-high (in April), and firing!

So they were allowed out one at a time while I caught a few, and they got some inside stuff
Next trip is to Yellowstone RV style
Too many for the rack
Some in the shack
Some under decks
Some have straps

GOTWAVZ

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Family snorkeling
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 04:31:13 PM »
I know you said no passports, but I just got back from the BVI and have 9,12, and 14 years olds. We sailed a 46' cat around and snorkeled all around. Absolutely worth the immigration hassle and they rent SUP's with the boats, but we brought our own and Kite gear.

Epic trip of a life time.

www.moorings.com
HB, CA, Oahu, HI
JK 7'-8' x 28"x 4" = 99L
JK 7'-10" x 41/4" = 106 L
Joe Blair Gun 8-10" x 28 x 4 1/4
198 lbs - 5'-9"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal