Author Topic: Agua Vida-Pavones  (Read 1399 times)

bigbear

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Agua Vida-Pavones
« on: September 25, 2014, 06:38:22 PM »
My son and I blasted down there for the big swell that hit Pavones around July 4th and didn't have a place to stay.  I found Shawn's place and he was booked (Pavones was packed to the gills!).  But, he made a phone call and found us a killer deal in a cabin in the foothills 10 mins from town-it was sweet.  Anyway, ended up stopping by a bunch and hanging out w/ him the 10 days we were there and got to know him and Nathalie-awesome folks and super stoked.  The place he has is huge and right on the beach just outside of Pavones by some of the lesser known breaks and was rustic, but very private and beautiful.  Pavones itself was really cool and I was surprised that the waves were good even at the end of the week when surfline was calling it a foot-the sets were still shoulder to head high!  I'd avoided Pavones on smaller swells because of the gamble and always heard it needed the right swell direction for it to get in there.  Glad we went on a big one, but I'd definitely go back on a smaller one!   Oh yeah-bring fins and leashes-no where to get any of that stuff.  Shawn was kind enough to fix both my boards during the trip-boards, big waves and cobblestones don't mix well!

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Agua Vida-Pavones
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 12:56:27 PM »
My son and I blasted down there for the big swell that hit Pavones around July 4th and didn't have a place to stay.  I found Shawn's place and he was booked (Pavones was packed to the gills!).  But, he made a phone call and found us a killer deal in a cabin in the foothills 10 mins from town-it was sweet.  Anyway, ended up stopping by a bunch and hanging out w/ him the 10 days we were there and got to know him and Nathalie-awesome folks and super stoked.  The place he has is huge and right on the beach just outside of Pavones by some of the lesser known breaks and was rustic, but very private and beautiful.  Pavones itself was really cool and I was surprised that the waves were good even at the end of the week when surfline was calling it a foot-the sets were still shoulder to head high!  I'd avoided Pavones on smaller swells because of the gamble and always heard it needed the right swell direction for it to get in there.  Glad we went on a big one, but I'd definitely go back on a smaller one!   Oh yeah-bring fins and leashes-no where to get any of that stuff.  Shawn was kind enough to fix both my boards during the trip-boards, big waves and cobblestones don't mix well!

Pictures Please
Ralph
Sup-position
(714) 899-3020 call, Text or Message

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Dusk Patrol
Today at 12:51:49 PM
post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
Today at 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard