Author Topic: Sup Surfing in Oregon  (Read 11987 times)

lee

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sup Surfing in Oregon
« on: November 09, 2013, 12:48:06 PM »
So many great surfing spots in Oregon,I hope the locals don"t mind sharing with SUPs
Livin the dream @LEE's SUP

redtx

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Re: Sup Surfing in Oregon
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 09:50:08 AM »
I haven't had any issues. I've heard stories, but have not experienced any of it yet. I think if you let the prone folks have room they are OK with it. most of them.. I've heard more about territorial surfers.. good thing about a SUP is that you can go so many other places and catch waves.

-red

Shark

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 03:46:25 PM »
The only place I've surfed (prone) in Oregon is Short Sands/Oswald West State Park just south of Cannon Beach.  Seems like it would be a fun SUP break but carrying my 11' board a half mile each way would be a real drag, especially on the way back up to the parking lot.  Based on stories I've heard about Seaside Point, I doubt the aggro locals there would be very receptive to SUPs.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 05:01:11 PM »
The guys at the point are getting more used to SUPs, but they're not happy to see you. If you paddle out towards the point and then turn sharp right there's a rock ledge that kicks out a nice A-frame when the tide and swell is right. Catch it on the right day and you're in for a solitary treat. I've never seen a prone paddler there. I've been there catching rights and lefts all day long and never having to wait for either a wave or someone else to go. Maybe 200+ waves in a ay.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal