Author Topic: Snapped C4 Pohaku paddles  (Read 10643 times)

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Snapped C4 Pohaku paddles
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 12:08:40 AM »

a question, as I was just today buying a paddle (ended up with a different one) I saw the C4 two piece one, but as long as you can;t adjust the lenth of the paddle why would you have a 2 piece one?

(before you flame me please give me some newbie credit).

a.

shapeshifter

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 03:48:05 AM »
a valid question...
...the two piece allows you to "fold" up your long paddle for transport. i have one from infinity and it's pretty convenient for travel.
whoever invented the hole... knew nothing.
...ooooO...................
...(.......)......Ooooo....
....\.....(.......(.......).....
.....\.__)........)...../.....
...................(__./......

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 04:39:58 AM »
I wish someone would work with Fiberspar and give us paddles with adjustable length, using their windsurf boom system.

Shorter for waves, longer for cruising, all in one paddle.

shapeshifter

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 06:33:31 AM »
not a bad idea if they had a low profile twist-lock... the only ones i've seen are bulbous.

the 3d cam twist-lock mechanisms used in tent poles and hiking/ski poles are smaller in diameter but you wouldn't want an errant stroke's torsion to shorten your reach just when you need it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 06:41:55 AM by shapeshifter »
whoever invented the hole... knew nothing.
...ooooO...................
...(.......)......Ooooo....
....\.....(.......(.......).....
.....\.__)........)...../.....
...................(__./......

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 07:27:49 AM »
not a bad idea if they had a low profile twist-lock... the only ones i've seen are bulbous.

Mistral makes an adjustable

and the adjustment clip is large, but really was no bother at all in use.  Everything else about the paddle was horrible.  Sloppy junction, I would estimate 6 lbs (seemed heavier than the sum of its parts-like the weight of 6 or 7 carbon paddles tied together).  This was likely designed as a rental paddle, but it should not be used as one IMO.  Bad first impression to new riders for sure. 

Made from carbon, with a better tolerance closure, this could be a great option.

ECSUP

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2007, 07:22:57 AM »
I broke two C4 paddles and the people at C4 were very good about it. Both paddle's shafts shattered when they hit the rail of my board during falls in 3-4 ft. surf. They gave 50% off on new paddles, which I thought was fair because it is difficult for them to warranty their paddles against breakage caused by the shafts hitting a hard object ( in this case the rail of a Laird 12 ft. board). They also requested getting the broken paddles back to inspect them so they can continue to improve them in the future. All in all, I was impressed by their genuine interest in customer satisfaction and their desire to continually improve their product. FYI, I just got their 10'6" board, it is awesome.

paddlesurf.net

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »
Snapped a two piece Pohaku paddle two weeks ago- wouldn't recommend two piece paddles anymore. On further inspection the  part of the shaft that the ferrule slid into was cracked- paddle was five months old. Travelling with full size paddle will be interesting- maybe just wrap it and pack it with board- I'm going to be doing a paddle review on my blog soon- if you've got any input contact me at paddlesurf.net
Thanks!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal