Author Topic: just bought a new old gopro camera  (Read 3418 times)

captain twang

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
just bought a new old gopro camera
« on: September 21, 2013, 10:15:33 AM »
hi guys,  for 100 euros i bought a unused old go pro. the ones, you have to put  aaa batteries inside. plus the surfmounting stuff in an unopened  pack. is that a good thing that i did? do you have any advice or good tips for me? i am a complete beginner with go pro.
thanks
eddie

Deadbait

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: just bought a new old gopro camera
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 07:46:05 PM »
I had one of those a few years ago, it was Standard Definition before they went to HD.  I had the 5mp model, and they had a 3mp model before that.  Which one do you have?
The 5mp had the wide eye lens that is good for surf/sup boards.  The 3mp had a regular lens and not good for boards.

I read a lot online when I had mine and everyone suggested to use either lithium batteries or rechargeable batteries.  I went with rechargeable batteries because they burn through a lot of batteries, and rechargeable were more cost effective.  Mine went through batteries in about an hour or less.  I heard that some people were getting more time, but a major complaint across the board was batteries drained fast.

Picture and video quality were good.  You should be happy with that.  It's not HD and only 5mp, but it's a good start.  All of the different mounts are good with that model, so you can look into that as well.

Sounds like you are happy with your purchase, so have fun!  Watch youtube to get ideas.  The more you use it, the more you learn.  Then post your new videos to the supzone.

AirJunky

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • My SUP gallery
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 07:50:50 PM »
You'll have fun with it. I've had one for a few years & played with several different mounts. Enjoy! And share whatever you come up with.
--
Bill

captain twang

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 09:20:44 AM »
hi friends, thanks a lot for the good vibes. i feel better now.
it is a 5 mp model. i took it to the lake yesterday on a dark and cloudy day.

captain twang

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 02:37:33 PM »
meanwhile.......
i just bought a  3+ and an additional  3 white for serious shooting. that gopro idea really got me.  thinking of making  mountainbike stuff as well.  and cultural punk videos too. who knows...
,eddie

My drum/guitar surfduo: www.captain-twang-and-his-rhythm-cat.de

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal