News:

Stand Up Paddling, Foil, SUP Foiling, Foil Surfing, Wing Surf, Wing Surfing, Wing Foiling.  This is your forum!

Main Menu

fcs side fins phobia

Started by dontblamemyboard, September 01, 2013, 08:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontblamemyboard

Aloha Zonez! Just wondering if anyone can share any simple solutions for preventing the dreaded fcs fin pressure/ding that happens at the base of the fin area, on my past boards with fcs fins id leave them on for months without inspecting them only to discover these pressure ding/ sometime punctures at the fcs fin base, I'm currently riding sb pro bc and have yet to have this happen, but if anyone would share some advice I would sincerely appreciate it. Mahalo. Ps in no way am I trying to downplay fcs surf fins, they do produce great fins, this is solely from experience.

supthecreek

Not sure if I completely understand the question... but I had a new board with FCS center box.

1st day... I KNOW I did not hit anything... but the fin jammed sideways thru the box into the board.

I was using a big base, stiff, 9 inch fin...
I think that the pressure from a turn leveraged the base of the fin through the side of the box.
The box seemed really light weight and thin.... and the side seemed like the weak spot.

I had the box replaced with a heavier duty Bahne Box ... complete, perfect job --- $80
End of problem.

dontblamemyboard

Sorry for the confusion I went back and reread my post and revised the title and stuff but I never knew about bahne center boxes mahalo.

dontblamemyboard

The zone does it again. I got an idea from watching a posted video on the site but forgive me cuz I cannot cite the user or title but in the video of a french (I think) named sup surfer he used stickers (oddly enough...futures) placed over the top portion of the fcs plug to sit underneath the part of the fin base which overlaps on the board. I knew id get some solutions from you guys somehow. Mahalo and aloha.

Recent Posts

September 19, 2024, 05:49:13 AM

Recent Topics

topic
lazymodo
September 19, 2024, 05:49:13 AM
topic
B-Walnut
July 31, 2024, 11:06:34 PM
topic
kitesurferro
July 30, 2024, 10:05:22 AM