Author Topic: Great fun surfing micro lake waves.  (Read 10906 times)

NoSaltSuper

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Great fun surfing micro lake waves.
« on: August 05, 2013, 11:29:31 AM »
My Daughter and I spent a solid 4 hours surfing micro waves on Lake Michigan. It was sooooo much fun! We each caught dozens of little waves, longest ride was probably 10 seconds. But my 15 yr old daughter got the SUP and prone surfing bug, big time.

We so both REALLY improved in balance, control and confidence. Time On The Water, it's so true. I was on my 7'6" Pickle, she on my 9' Mana. In choppy Lane Michigan conditions, it was a challenge at first to stay dry.

But by the 3rd hour, we weren't falling at all, I was pivot turning after the "wave" in one foot if water, through the shore break, no problem. No longer had to look for the handle on board for position, could simply feel where the balance point was. Even did a few jump on the board from the water without falling!

It was great to see my daughters progression, confidence and constant smile! Amazing how much fun you can have even in micro waves.

Semper Fi!

It's simple, either you get the wave or the wave gets you.

balance_fit

• Peahi Status
  • Simple, not easy.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Great fun surfing micro lake waves.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 12:17:49 PM »
My Daughter and I spent a solid 4 hours surfing micro waves on Lake Michigan. It was sooooo much fun!

It was great to see my daughters progression, confidence and constant smile! Amazing how much fun you can have even in micro waves.

It's great when family joins in on the fun. The micro waves help one stay in tune with trim. If not trimming perfectly well, ride's over quick. Been hustling around our local, close to shore break all summer for, at best, waist high wind waves. Mostly below the knee, sometimes there's 10 of us swarming around a tiny lineup, keeping our trim and sea legs sound. There's lots of fun to be had in tinies, oh yes..and with family, it's the best.
Bic Wing 11' x 29"
Bark Commander 12' x 20" 
Walden Magic 10'
Other tools for mental and physical sanity not mentioned

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 05:01:52 PM »
Montrose Beach?

NoSaltSuper

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 12:17:13 PM »
Nope, North Avenue. Notice the metal structures? Almost like shooting the pier, just no barnacles.
Semper Fi!

It's simple, either you get the wave or the wave gets you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal