Author Topic: There is flat and then there is flat  (Read 5049 times)

Celeste

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
There is flat and then there is flat
« on: July 22, 2013, 02:09:57 PM »
Up the creek into the marshes to see the lotus blooms

Obfuscation through elucidation

WingSuit

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: There is flat and then there is flat
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 07:41:22 AM »
is that a gator in the background?  looks hot.   but nice.  makes me miss my home state in the deep south.  but not enough to move back.  or even visit.

Celeste

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 03:50:52 AM »
is that a gator in the background?  looks hot.   but nice.  makes me miss my home state in the deep south.  but not enough to move back.  or even visit.
Unlikely it was a gator, we are a long way from NYC ;D  It was not that hot, yet, but the threat was strong enough that the afternoon paddle was cancled

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 07:51:36 AM »
Even the state abbreviation is "FL".

Celeste

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 09:58:09 AM »
In this case it is MD, I guess that would be a good thing if that is a gator back there

Wood_Ogre

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 12:08:54 PM »
An under inflated what ? A Kaholo, double bend paddle, there is a little bit of everything here. Are there really Lotuses in MD ?

Celeste

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 06:07:48 PM »
An under inflated what ? A Kaholo, double bend paddle, there is a little bit of everything here. Are there really Lotuses in MD ?
Uli Steamroller, and it is inflated to 20psi, or it was, thermal expansion being what it is there is no telling what is at the time of the picture, but it is her second time on a board, so she did really well.  the board next to her, with the double bend paddle is a Raven,  board out front is a starboard something.

Yes there are lotus in Maryland, they naturalize and do very well here

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 07:48:12 PM »
How about the Cobra Expedition.....any feedback on how it is? Would they get another Cobra? I like how their boats look and they are pretty rare this far inland. They seem pretty bomber construction and I have looked at the Marauder and Navigator over the years which are definitely different than that one. I really have only seen them online and on a few cars but still consider them in my list if I get another kayak. 

Celeste

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 08:10:34 PM »
How about the Cobra Expedition.....any feedback on how it is? Would they get another Cobra? I like how their boats look and they are pretty rare this far inland. They seem pretty bomber construction and I have looked at the Marauder and Navigator over the years which are definitely different than that one. I really have only seen them online and on a few cars but still consider them in my list if I get another kayak. 
That is their second one, He is paddling the starboard, and got the first cobra, when she first paddled it she had to have one for her self, so now they have two.  I know this picture was taken on the first half of the paddle, because at the halfway point they switched, he in the 'yak and she on the starboard which is not to her liking, not enough directional stability, so promptly put her on my kaholo and I was informed I was making her one.

Wood_Ogre

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 02:05:38 PM »
Why not make a bunch of Kaholos and you can start the Lotus Blossom  Kaholo cult club !! Kaholos are nice !

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal