Author Topic: Congrats to NoSalt's daughter!  (Read 9516 times)

XLR8

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Congrats to NoSalt's daughter!
« on: July 21, 2013, 10:20:12 PM »
The Skyline SUP Series race in Chicago today was a lot of fun.  It was also ridiculously grueling.  A moderate windswell on Lake Michigan became exponentially greater as a result of Chicago boat traffic at 2 pm on a Sunday at one of the nicest beaches in Chicago.  All of the Men's elite times were 30-60 minutes longer than they typically would be.  It was like Mad Max out there with jet skiers breaking up the wake from boats of all sizes, constantly.  It was a huge challenge for me.

But NoSalt's daughter made podium on a surf style board in the rec race!  2nd I think.  3 laps around a 1 mile+ buoy course.  She seems to often be all smiles and some of the guys from the series are recognizing her because she has attended (and made podium) at other races in the WPA Region 10 Midwest series.  www.midwestsup.com

My daughter is five and I bet it is awesome to have yours into this same sport you love NoSalt!  Congratulations to you and her!  Westy has a nice photo of him and her on the beach with the Chicago skyline in the back.  I bet she already has it.
Blkbox Surf
Instagram: @greatlakespaddler

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Congrats to NoSalt's daughter!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 06:26:00 AM »
Sweet!...awesome having the kids with you.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal