Author Topic: New.. New 14' Glide.. first pics.  (Read 22249 times)

Muskoka SUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: New.. New 14' Glide.. first pics.
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 05:25:56 PM »
That is indeed a great deal... There's just that little issue of the border..duty and tax and... (There's not much "free" in NAFTA!  >:( )

To be honest, I think I'll hold out for a narrower Javalide.  I have to be a bit more cognizant of $ the next few years as both my sons will be in college... A quiver would be nice, but.....

Thanks kindly for the temptation... Nothing wrong with sharing the knowledge.

DS
It ain't over until the fat board sinks....

Rideordie

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 06:34:41 PM »
I feel ya' on the college thing.  My third collegiate one is about to start her sophomore year.  Three more years and we are done!!  Hang in there bro!!

2021 SIC RS 14 x 24.5
Naish Glide 14 (v2)
SIC X-14 SCC  
KeNalu Konihi 95 xTuf(s)
KeNalu Mana 90 100 Flex

Fog City Rider

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 08:49:45 PM »
Jumping to 29" wide is awesome for the bigger guys, but I hope they still keep a narrow Glide 14' in their range (for the smaller guys). 
San Diego, CA
10'0 Naish Nalu Pro (2017 version)
9'0 Pearson Arrow Laird custom
9'3 Pearson Arrow custom (prone)
9'8 Takayama In the Pink (prone)

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 02:40:27 AM »

gorgebob

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Gorgeperformance.com
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 08:08:42 AM »
It is sad that Naish deleted the glide 27" from next years line. It sold out of both GT an GX when the still have most all other models.
Founder: Gorge Performance Surf  Shop Portland
Fabricator: RNR Engineering

peterp

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 08:16:46 AM »
Gorgebob - there is a very exciting replacement waiting in the wings......sssshhhhh

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 11:03:16 AM »
Dang!  If that doesn't pan out, though, my 27" Glides (old an newer shapes) are still for sale for $5,000 each.

I wonder if Naish will have anything about this secret replacement--info or actual boards--at the Naish Hood River race coming up.  Previously, they had the new Glide and Javelin boards there before I saw them anywhere else, even in photos.  It does make sense to me they'd first release the wide version, then come out with something narrower, like they've done in the past with the Javelin.

Muskoka SUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2013, 11:35:58 AM »
Just found this link that shows all the new 2014 Naish boards.. http://www.windgenuity.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=51&Itemid=101

DJ

Your new Glide must be due in any day now..........You going to set up a "live" report?  We're all anxiously waiting ........... :D

DS

covesurfer

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2013, 01:50:48 PM »
Makes total sense that Naish would build a 29" board. It will be a great teaching board for downwind newbies and a great board in general for heavier/bigger paddlers.

There is, however, a trend for narrower, flatter rocker line downwind boards that is also showing up. There is a big jump (hole?) between a $3000+ Javelin LE at 23" and a Glide at 29". Wish they'd fill that gap with a true downwind race board. There are plenty of paddlers out there (at least in places with reliable and good downwind conditions) that would be interested I think.

Muskoka SUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2013, 04:12:16 PM »
Makes total sense that Naish would build a 29" board. It will be a great teaching board for downwind newbies and a great board in general for heavier/bigger paddlers.

There is, however, a trend for narrower, flatter rocker line downwind boards that is also showing up. There is a big jump (hole?) between a $3000+ Javelin LE at 23" and a Glide at 29". Wish they'd fill that gap with a true downwind race board. There are plenty of paddlers out there (at least in places with reliable and good downwind conditions) that would be interested I think.

Not to mention the gap between the very light and delicate LE construction and the way burlier GX/GS layups.   Looks like the new 29" glide is being built for the masses.  Which is a good thing .  I hope the board Peter P is hinting at will fill the void - and be more than a one season race board. 

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 04:47:52 PM »
Just found this link that shows all the new 2014 Naish boards.. http://www.windgenuity.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=51&Itemid=101

DJ

Your new Glide must be due in any day now..........You going to set up a "live" report?  We're all anxiously waiting ........... :D

DS

They said the end of July or early August when I put my order in..

Called the shop the other day and was told it will now be about the 20th.. [2 more weeks]

DJ

XLR8

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2013, 06:23:56 PM »
Exactly how many Glides of various lengths will you have at that point DJ?  ;D  And I don't think for a second that whatever number you say will be too many. 
Blkbox Surf
Instagram: @greatlakespaddler

Rideordie

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2013, 07:57:44 AM »
So we have the 2014 14 Glide which is 29.5 wide.  Two and a quarter inches wider and about 2-3 lbs heavier than the 12/13 model Glide.  The next more narrow Naish 14 board is the Javelin at 26.25.  No doubt some bigger guys and real downwind types will like the shape, but there seems like a huge gap left here.  Why abandon such a successful shape, i. e. the 12/13 model?  I think my 2012 just went up in value.  Maybe I should buy another as an investment.  Very interested to see what DJ thinks about this board. 

2021 SIC RS 14 x 24.5
Naish Glide 14 (v2)
SIC X-14 SCC  
KeNalu Konihi 95 xTuf(s)
KeNalu Mana 90 100 Flex

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 01:35:26 PM »
So we have the 2014 14 Glide which is 29.5 wide.  Two and a quarter inches wider and about 2-3 lbs heavier than the 12/13 model Glide.  The next more narrow Naish 14 board is the Javelin at 26.25.  No doubt some bigger guys and real downwind types will like the shape, but there seems like a huge gap left here.  Why abandon such a successful shape, i. e. the 12/13 model?  I think my 2012 just went up in value.  Maybe I should buy another as an investment.  Very interested to see what DJ thinks about this board. 

IMO the 14' Jav is not a DW board so the gap is even bigger because the next size down from this new Glide will be the LE14 at only 23" wide.. Maybe there's a new big boy version of the LE14 coming.. I think I would rather they did the 14' Glide in two sizes like what Starboard do with their AllStar boards.. We have a gale warning here today and I'm all loaded and ready for a big downwinder.. It's only 7am and its already gusting to 35 knots.. Woo hoo.

DJ

melonhead

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2013, 03:56:49 PM »
Why abandon such a successful shape, i. e. the 12/13 model?  I think my 2012 just went up in value.  Maybe I should buy another as an investment.  Very interested to see what DJ thinks about this board. 

If Naish is changing the board after only one year, isn't it more likely that they were dissatisfied with the new shape?

I used to work in the outdoor retail business and most times something new only lasted a year it was because it was a flop. Not sure if this is the case here or not - maybe someone more "in the know" can chime in.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal