Author Topic: SUP SURFERS: What kind of leash are you using and how long and thick is it?  (Read 11853 times)

AM9K

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
I usually figure about a foot of leash for every foot of board.

I like the creature of leisure line of leashes.  Also use XM and OE.  They all work.
Instagram/Twitter: @AM9K

andygere

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Waveyarder Hollow Wood SUP build
    • Email
An 8' leash is long enough for you to hang 10 on my 9'-11", and feels too long on my 8' SimSUP.  I like the DaKine 5/16" leash with a calf cuff.  I've got a 5/16" PSH mated to a DaKine calf cuff that's excellent as well.  I need to find a 5/16" cord in 7' length.

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
I broke another Dakine leash yesterday while ducking under a set wave but the local surf shop said they will give me another one for free.
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
XM (SurfMore) powerclip SUP leash 10' on a 10'3 board.  Very comfortable and rarely tangles or twists.

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
I like the Dakine Kainui 1ft longer than the board I'm riding
Yes I've disconnected the "power clip" under preasure and it works

But I usually forget my leash (on another board) and have surfing buddy who remembers (like a boy scout) ... you know who you are ...Thanks
JimK

Didn't forge mine this morning. Maybe I'm turning over a new leaf?
JimK
www.extremewindsurfing.com

anotherncbeachbum

I broke another Dakine leash yesterday while ducking under a set wave but the local surf shop said they will give me another one for free.

I've broken two in the last year. I like them but they need to last longer. Stupid swivel came apart. The discount leashes I got from Block are still holding up like a champ.

Tom English

• Peahi Status
  • Paddle with Aloha SUP
    • View Profile
    • Aloha Stand Up Paddle
    • Email
Stay Covered made in Oceanside, CA.   They don't break.
Aloha,
Tom English

JeanG

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile

Just get an Ocean&Earth of Stay Covered. You won't break another leash for a while.

kneecap

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
My  OnE is ridiculous. I'm sold

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

bruiser

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile

I've broken two in the last year. I like them but they need to last longer. Stupid swivel came apart. The discount leashes I got from Block are still holding up like a champ.

I broke my DaKine leash as well!
Got a FCS big swell leash, has been good so far.
Bark Dominator 14'
Fanatic Falcon 14' x 30"
Exocet Fish 8'10" x 32"
Fanatic Allwave 9'6" x 32"

anotherncbeachbum

I broke my DaKine leash as well!
Got a FCS big swell leash, has been good so far.

I'll look into those or an O&E. I had a 6' Dakine on my bodyboard, was out in head high Hatteras and it broke. The rest of the Dakine gear I have is solid but those leashes, never again.

latesupr

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Dakine 9' on a 9'7 and a 10' on a 10'6 both the 5/16". I change them every summer. I have problems with the Velcro coming loose after awhile. So I just replace them once a year.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal