Author Topic: New Board!!!!  (Read 19595 times)

tde

• Sunset Status
    • MSN Messenger - Timellispv@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
New Board!!!!
« on: May 14, 2013, 07:22:28 PM »
After riding PSH boards exclusively for the last 5 years I am now making a switch.  The new board arrived today....it's a beauty!!  It's a 9'2 JP Australia Surf Pro (carbon construction)...30 inches wide..just over 17 pounds... Can't wait to get it in the surf tomorrow....reviews will follow.  If anyone is interested in why I ultimately chose this board over others then checkout the JP Australia SUP facebook page....there are some great videos of the Surf Pro in action...I can only dream I'll ride it as well as the guys in the videos....

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: New Board!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 07:55:53 PM »
Nice looking ride!
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Kojack

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 05:22:10 AM »
That is really nice looking board.  Enjoy it!

tde

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 01:44:34 PM »
Got to ride the new board in some good small surf today...clean, 2-3 feet rights, wedging off the Jetty.  Perfect surf to try out the new board...AND The VERDICT IS... AWESOME first day!!!

I'm 6'2, 215 lbs and my initial question was how will it float me?? The board has a volume of 136 liters which turn out floated me fine. While first paddling out I was pleased to discover that float and stability would not be an issue and I never gave it another thought for the rest of the session....

Turning to RIDE....well all I can say is WOW!!..Not sure if its the shorter length (my go to daily board is 9'5), or the light weight of the board...or combination of both..but this is one quick, responsive SUP!!!  Excelled in both carving turns and snaps...and was easy to turn and trim from the middle of the board (something a lot of SUPs don't seem to do that well)..  I felt I was able to dial in the sweet spots quickly and was smiling the entire session....

Bottom line....GREAT INITAL IMPRESSION....and an VERY FUN FIRST SESSION...
(very pleased!!!).....TDE

mdsurf

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 01:47:39 PM »
Good on you Tim.

pguidry

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: New Board!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 02:06:53 PM »
Sweet looking board. Look forward to seeing it in action one day.

Codder

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Ocean Extreme Sports
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 02:28:40 PM »
Congratulations Tim, glad you are stoked! That board is sweet and after riding the 8'10 this morning I am stoked on these too.

Here is yours next to our 8'10. Wood Sandwich construction on the left, Pro construction on the right (Tim's board).

supthecreek

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 02:44:02 PM »
Great looking boards... I hear very good things about them.

Very glad to start seeing some feedback on these boards!

I had the hots for the JP 8'8 Wide Body in Pro... but at the last minute... I hesitated
The Wide Body is Quad only and I was a bit reluctant... as I only have 1 SUS... I like a Thruster option

If I get small enough... I'd like to give the 9'2 Surf a go... they look like really nice boards ;D

Keep the reports & pictures coming

TomKat

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 06:19:18 PM »
Not to much rocker for the East Coast? I was thinking the 8'10" myself and some one had told me it might have to much rocker?
Thanks
TomKat

Kiku

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 08:34:48 PM »
Love your new board!

Here's a couple of photos of my new board that I just picked up yesterday!  Hand shaped by David Craig and he let me paint it. A new challenge at 7'2" x 26.5" x 4".  Can't wait to try it!  One more week for it to cure and I'll be all over it!

Kiku

Kiku

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 08:40:16 PM »
Sorry, here are the photos

Ucycle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 11:42:28 PM »
is that a black bear or black panda bear?
"Surfing is not fashion, it is passion... F*CK YOU surf industry!!!!" -SL

supthecreek

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 04:35:49 AM »
Codder
When you are on the Cape... please PM me... I would love to see the JP Surf model.
It would be great to trade 8'10's for a moment. The JP Surf looks like a great board... just may be a bit of a challenge for me.

TomKat

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 06:07:11 AM »
tde,
What was your last board? Your new board does not have to much rocker for little east coast waves?
Thanks
TomKat

tde

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 08:34:23 AM »
Sup...Strickly PSH boards. For larger wave performance I was riding a 9'6 Hull Ripper or a 9'3 custom Wide Ripper. My everyday go to board is a 9'5 PVC vacuum bagged PSH All Around sent to me from Hawaii.(not available on the US Mainland)...Its thinner than other All Arounds, less that 30 inches and lower volume. (The AA turns and noserides great and I will keep it for everyday surf) The JP is for when the waves are a little better. Took the JP out today in 2 foot surf and it performed great considering the waves...but you give up the ability to noseride. I've had no problems with the rocker in the JP. Its very fast..and as I mentioned earlier you can trim it from the front half of the board and it doesn't bog down or push water....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal