Author Topic: Mother's Day  (Read 4508 times)

MKE

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mother's Day
« on: May 04, 2013, 08:55:24 AM »
Alright- you guys seem like a creative bunch...

And this might be like buying your wife or mom a home beer making kit, or a new chop saw for Mother's Day- but do any of you have any good SUP related Mother's Day gift ideas?

or better yet-

Any good Mother's Day gift ideas in general or gifts you've given in the past besides the usual flowers. 

Both my mom (late 50's) and wife genuinely do like cruising around on a SUP on some local lakes.

And please don't reply if your answer is "something from the heart"...  I get that part.

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Day
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 09:13:40 AM »
check out www.paddlediva.com they have some cool SUP stuff for the ladies !!
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

SeaMe

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 09:43:51 AM »
How about a swim cover-up? They're pretty and they're useful for lots of activities, not just SUP.
“I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.” ― Anaïs Nin
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Fanatic Fly HRS 10'6"
Fanatic Ray HRS BVI 12'0" ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ

JillRide45

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 04:56:06 PM »
I was thinking I would start a Mother's Day gift idea post to help out all you guys.  Here goes my suggestions:

1. Garmin forerunner 10.  Running GPS that is waterproof.  I recently picked one of these up when the 310 went dead.  I find I like the 10 much better because it is just easier to use. Also fits a small wrist and I can use it for paddling and running.  Then after the workout is over I can just leave it on as a watch. 

2.  Athleta Swim Clothing.  I really like the Intrepid Cap Sleeve Sun Shield and the Pacifica UPF Shirt.  All their bathing suits are great for paddling.  Also all my friends love their swim dresses, the printed kokomo dress and the printed shorebreak dress. Their return policy is fantastic, your mom can take it back at any time for any reason.

3.  Waterproof Ipod shuffle.
http://www.underwateraudio.com/waterproof-ipod-shuffle-swimbuds-bundle.html?gclid=COLcqoTVgrcCFYOo4AodZ0EAEw
I have had one of these for several years.  Still working great even after I ran it through the washer a few times.

4.  If she does not have one, a nice paddle. 

5.  Waterproof camera.  I have the Sony TX20, not the latest greatest but it can be had for less than $200 and is super easy to use. 

6.  Get her phone liquipel'd.  http://www.liquipel.com/ 

Hope this helps.  Jill

Tecpartner

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 05:00:12 PM »
A little off topic, but I just bought my daughter a V8 surfski for her 21st Birthday, (Wednesday).  She loves it.  Can't wait to paddle with her in the ocean.

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 05:08:51 PM »
I actually did buy my wife a new board for Mothers Day last year.  Her birthday is always in the same week so she usually gets lots or a big something around this time. 

This year she's getting racks for her new car...so she can drive up and sup surf with my daughter in Santa Barbara...without me...this summer.  I'm getting the factory aero racks to keep whatever gas mileage she gets as high as possible without the boards.  Her Mazda 3 gets 40+ now, so I don't want to defeat the purpose of that car. 

My list included a Go Pro 3, Spring Suit, New Board, New paddle, summer suits, a changing robe, and a host of other new gadgets and gear.  Gotta start planning a trip to Costa Rica soon before we're both to old to enjoy it fully. By the way Jill's list is very good too.

JillRide45

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 07:29:21 AM »
I would also say the new Roxy fitness things are really cute.  The Sea Blazer Neoprene Hoodie and the Reef Break Jacket are nice.

Jill

mantaray

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 08:50:35 AM »
My wife is making out like a bandit with this stuff this year:

http://supremepaddle.com/categories/womens/

AmberK

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 10:01:19 AM »

mittenkitten

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 06:27:53 PM »
I second all of Jill's advice  :)

Just discovered this company - they have some cool capris, tights, tops etc specifically for SUP:

https://sweetwaterwear.com/
May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung...

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 06:34:01 AM »
New board for mum..  ;D

DJ

mittenkitten

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 08:29:41 PM »
What's wrong with that board DJ? Looks like a quality piece of equipment to me!  ;)

I just had to chime in and plug one of the items that Jill mentioned earlier - Garmin Forerunner 10.  Awesome! I just got one and it couldn't be easier to use. Super easy to operate and I love that you can use it with Garmin Connect. Something about seeing the distance I've paddled over water on a map makes me feel like I accomplished something, ha ha! For the price point you won't find anything better. Just my 2 cents  :)
May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal