Author Topic: NAISH 12'0" Glide  (Read 12557 times)

kurtr

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: NAISH 12'0" Glide
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 07:01:54 PM »
I think I've cracked it:

Roving news crew spots girl paddling on what looks like a surfboard in 55-degree air/45- degree water, and has to know why she seems so cavalier in the face of such danger.  She cheerfully explains that the new Naish Glide is so stable that falling is the last thing on her mind.  Furthermore, the board is so unbelievably fast that she can comfortably paddle her 10-mile -- er, 16 km -- commute to school in no time at all, stay fit, and spend no $ on gas.  So BUY THE NAISH GLIDE, and you too can be a pretty, fit, enviromentally conscious student whose photos get dissected by dull-witted Californians. 

BTW, thanks for the pics, DJ!   :-[

Kurt

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 10:01:23 PM »
Ok guys..Here's the story..  :D ..btw..I have one (a Glide) on order and it's a bit of a gamble not knowing much about it other than seeing a few pictures..and knowing Naish well enough to trust them..  ;D

Still...I have my fingers crossed..It's more a flat water and down-winding board for me rather than a serious race board.

DJ

Kaweeka

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 10:28:57 PM »
or maybe a way to use the canals when they are not frozen solid? ;D  Does look like the market for this model is flat water.  However they took my phone number over in Kailua and said I could try one when they get the first production models in.  Pretty sure I'm going to go with a 12 but it will have to be able to handle the surf; both off and into the shore.

Also of interest was the board they were talking about that was being shaped upstairs (was in a big rush or I would have tried to get some spy shots).  It's suppose to be long, real long . . .  One has to wonder what the limit is going to be.  Is 18 it or are we on our way over 20?

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 11:08:53 PM »

Also of interest was the board they were talking about that was being shaped upstairs (was in a big rush or I would have tried to get some spy shots).  It's suppose to be long, real long . . .  One has to wonder what the limit is going to be.  Is 18 it or are we on our way over 20?

I think it's a 17'er and for .......... er ... arr .. sorry can't say..  ;) ..Now go back and get those spy shots..  ;D ....Pls.  ;)

btw...They say that the Glide can be used in the surf and the price will also be very good.

DJ
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 11:11:45 PM by DavidJohn »

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 03:19:50 PM »
Davidjohn, I think that board is going to be pretty fast.  Look forward to hearing how it rides. 

kurtr

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 06:40:56 PM »
Do you have an ETA, DJ?  I'm looking forward to hearing all about it too.   :)

Whew -- 220km in five days: that's some serious paddling, even if the water is smooth.   :o

Kurt

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal