Author Topic: Olukai sandals  (Read 19961 times)

paidmydues

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Olukai sandals
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2012, 02:52:04 PM »
i like Island slippers,made in Hawaii still,support local businesses.Olukai are made in China,even though they give themselves a " hawaiian " name .Also,the straps stretch out ,bummer after spending all that money.my wife sells them at the store that she works at,has to deal with unhappy customers that bought the real expensive leather ones,they look great,but don't wear them too often,or the straps loose their shape and they feel all slippery on you.my 2 cents
hawawa ka he'e nalu,haki ka papa

tulipcity paddle

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2012, 03:12:54 PM »
Love my Olukai, Ohana sandals..... a lot! Going to order some Olukai Kamuela boots next week.

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2012, 04:08:16 PM »
free sandals for me but i do have a pair of Olukais that are hands down my favorite and most comfortable.
United States Air Force Para-Rescue motto "That others may live"

Fark

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2012, 03:57:26 PM »
I love my olukai's.  I had to go through a bit of a break in period, but now they are great.

robon

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »
IMO, overpriced and low quality.  I would never have bought them if I wasn't in a pinch at the time, unfortunately it was all they had for my size 15 feet.  Barely 6 months old and the foot straps connecting to the footbed are both about to go.  $70 for sandals. Pfft.

I have to agree with jd on this one. We sell them at the shop I work at and several of the staff purchased them.  Three pairs (of four) had to be warranteed and the fourth pair flattened out within 6 months, making them only slightly superior to Walmart specials. I have a pair of Chaco flips, on the other hand, which have been bomber.

ps - I don't work for Chaco and I get the same prodeal price on sandals either way, so it wasn't a cost issue that kept me from buying Olukai.

I've had my Chaco hiking sandals and flip flops for over 5 years. The Sandals are in good condition still and I use them for everything. Hiking, rocky river swimming and paddling etc. sports. Just replaced my flip flops because the straps are fraying badly but still wear them. Hard to give the flops up after 5 years plus of regular use.  So comfy. Chacos have a break in period as well before they get really comfy imo.

supmi

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2013, 08:17:26 AM »
I love my Olukai! I have several pairs of shoes and sandals.  I've tried other higher-end brands like Patagonia, Reef  and Ugg, but none compare to Olukai IMO. 

excav8ter sup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2013, 03:35:25 AM »
I purchased some Olukai Kamuela boots back in December....I love them, they are so comfortable. As soon as it starts to warm up, I am going to order some new sandals or flip flops, what ever they are called.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2013, 05:54:22 AM »
slippers...

SEA

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2013, 06:12:37 AM »
Scott Hawaii  ,,from Longs or wall mart they last a LONG time and I usually lose them before they wear out.  water proof and well made.

They also make dressier sandals but I don't wear those. In Hawaii thats all we wear is slippers so they gotta be comfortable and rugged these are. This is a true Local company with all slippers being made here in hawaii with 11 employees it was started in 1938 and still run by the family !! that is a rare story indeed.

http://scotthawaii.com

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2013, 07:24:25 AM »
I just got a pair of these Chacos for $37.

PaddleAnything

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2013, 01:20:56 PM »
I got a pair of their shoes in Jan.  I'm on my feet all day and they are great.  When I do get a chance to sit, I can kick them off very easily due to the step down heel.  Sweet Shoes.  I wear them all day and then out and about afterward.  They don't seem to wear down fast although wet floors are not cool. 

I would absolutely get another pair. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal