Author Topic: Atlantic storms  (Read 6835 times)

TerryS

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Atlantic storms
« on: August 31, 2008, 02:53:13 AM »
 ;DLooks like waves for the next few weeks for the east coast!,The Belmar Pro could be very interesting next week,  They are having a SUP division ,GSI is a sponser and they say Dave Kalama and Steve Walden will be on hand, should be fun

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Atlantic storms
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 05:21:11 PM »
Fingers definitely crossed....swing north you buggers......stop heading into the gulf.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

wadadli_waterman

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 05:33:16 AM »
We have had over a week of absolute glassy surf.  Its unreall! :P

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 05:59:16 AM »
On my way home right now.  We are in still in TX but hopefully in time to get a session tonight.  Its still a little choppy down in central FL according to the webcams and reports but it still looks like its going to be an awesome week!  I cannot wait, off for the next 7 days, YEAH!!!!!!!

wadadli_waterman

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 08:11:57 AM »
Man.  Forget that "old" weather outlook.  Its changed again with two more systems on it!

TD #9 and another area of distrubed weather just to the East of us (Antigua)

REMEMBER SEPTEMBER!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 08:28:54 AM by wadadli_waterman »

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 02:51:08 PM »
LOL yeah its going to be a busy week.  Looks like FL could get windy on thursday and friday but hopefully will be good again after that.  Hope everyone gets some of this in the next couple of days.  I am already packed form a dawn patrol tomorrow.  The PSH 9'6 and my 73" Kialoa Shaka Pu'u.  I am sooo STOKED!!!!

TerryS

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 12:26:44 AM »
It got good yesterday, A bit to sucked out  for my SUP. I got few mackers on my 9ft Magic then the wind got on it. looks to be good all week!

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 08:46:09 AM »
Keep em coming.... ;D ...That last one looks like it might get big. Lets hope it stays out to sea.

Look at Cape Town.....holy moly... ::)

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 09:00:50 AM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 10:21:06 AM »
Well just got back form the beach from my morning session.  Waves were head high to 2' overhead but the wind already came up this morning.  Was really bummed so I sat on the beach and watching it for a while.  Rip was also about 8kts as when you paddled you could feel the board being pulled away from underneath you.  I did manage to get out.  Shore break was 4' so that made things interesting.  I ended up going on the outside and scored some nice waves.  Again, kind of bouncy and choppy but size was sweet! Was out for a couple fo hours until I droped in out an overhead one and somehow my leash broke.  So here I am on the outside with a paddle and a broken leash trying to swim in.  Board made it OK as other surfers walked up the beach grabed my board. 

I think we are going to get too much wind the next couple of days until Hana passes.  Hopefully everyone farther north will be getting some better conditions.  Just talked to the boys up in NJ and they are getting 6'-8' with a light onshore wind.

TerryS

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 02:41:02 PM »
heres one from low tide today

gjbstandup

• Sunset Status
  • SHARE THE PASSION
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 05:58:08 PM »
Terry S.   Nice Clean Jersey waves.  We ( Hilton Head SC.) had Nor"Easter conditions with a 3-5 foot Hanna swell thrown in the mix. The result was chest to a bit over head wedgie' waves. We had 10-15 knot winds sideshore. Tough to Stand Up and catch the waves but was fun to drop into some head high waves. 2 ft chop in 3-5 ft swell.  The new 10-3 PSH performed unbelievable. Stable in the chop and was so loose and fast on the waves. I was able to control the board on these big storm surf  waves so now I'm ready for some larger clean surf.. Some pics from today..

8-2 Wide Point
11-6  Starboard GO SUP

TerryS

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 02:03:44 AM »
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 02:36:03 AM by TerryS »

gjbstandup

• Sunset Status
  • SHARE THE PASSION
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 03:53:43 AM »
Terry,
Great looking set of pics. What is that about 50-60 yard wave off the jetty? Its ufortunate for us here when we get large waves its often with wind and other weather variables involved. We are influenced by tides (7- 8 ft swing High-low) which dictated our waves.. When its on you go.. Thanks for sharing.. Glen
8-2 Wide Point
11-6  Starboard GO SUP

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 08:38:21 AM »
Nice floater Glen.

The forecasters at the national hurricane center say conditions look good to continue this way for awhile.
Bob

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 09:13:06 AM »
Yep its getting too choppy down here.  Was out thismoringi to check it out and its too windy onshore.  Terrys, nice photo, talked to a couple of buddies up at LBI and they had the same as you.  I think once Hana passes the next couple of storms should give us some sweet waves especially next week.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal