Author Topic: Ghost Leash  (Read 9431 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Leash
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 02:50:01 PM »
Hey, if you switched to a waist belt (as I know you did) then you're no grumpy old bastard, compared to 99.99% of the surfers you're a guy out on the edge of innovation, looking toward the future. I get nothing but shit about waist belts. One more thing that people who have never tried one have lots of opinions about.

You can draw a ghost on your waist belt.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2017, 05:31:41 PM »
Absolutely! Try and see!

Mebbe a cute little ghost shark applique!
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

gone_foiling

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2017, 06:29:47 PM »
Goofy stuff, don't even see the point. Flat water /dw = coiled/hybrid. Never had one stretch so bad that it drags in the water. Surfing - regular leash or waist leash. The Last thing I wanna deal with on the wipe outs is leash loops.

I've never tried a hybrid leash. What's the benefit vs a pure coiled or straight one for downwind?
I like hybrid because they don't spring back at you. They behave almost like a regular leash. Not all hybrids are created equal though. Dakine seems to get it while fcs is just plain wrong. The only annoying thing that can happen with hybrid leash on dw is when you fall it can get stuck on the tail of the board or under fin so you have to check your leash when you remount. But as my dw skills progressed and falls were less common I switched to hybrid full time. But nothing wrong wih using regular leash on dw run. I guess on good dw run leash drag is overrated.
Addicted to foiling at the moment.
My shenanigans on insta @gone_foiling

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2017, 07:56:07 PM »
I'm loving me some dorky waist belt. That ghost leash thing could be bundled with the taloo-ard paddlesails....... 8)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2017, 09:40:50 AM »
This GHOST thing must be kinda trendy. We all know Casper is the real deal.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ghost-the-world-s-most-advanced-smart-backpack-travel--2#/
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2017, 07:16:22 PM »
That has to be the dorkiest backpack ever.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2017, 10:04:18 PM »
It's always admirable when somebody brings something to fruition. But the production values on these videos is one step removed from late night TV commercials.
...and why don't we get to see our young hero go beat the crap out of the guy who stole his backpack?!?
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal