Author Topic: Naish Nalu 9'6"...help!  (Read 2979 times)

SD1

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Naish Nalu 9'6"...help!
« on: March 29, 2013, 07:58:46 AM »
Hello everyone.

I recently found a great deal on a 2011 Naish 9'6" Nalu. I like the shape, seems to have enough volume at 135L, but I am concerned with the stability at 28 inches wide for someone at 200 pounds.

Anybody have experience with this board....

Thanks!!!

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
Re: Naish Nalu 9'6"...help!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 08:03:49 AM »
Hello everyone.

.......but I am concerned with the stability at 28 inches wide for someone at 200 pounds.

Bingo..............that's why its cheap.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 09:07:41 PM »
Hello everyone.

I recently found a great deal on a 2011 Naish 9'6" Nalu. I like the shape, seems to have enough volume at 135L, but I am concerned with the stability at 28 inches wide for someone at 200 pounds.

Anybody have experience with this board....

Thanks!!!

are you sure it is not the 9'0'' you are talking about? I am your weight, and tried the 9'0'' that was a bit of a struggle in bumpy conditions, but the bigger ones should be fine I think.

If it is the 9'6'' I think it would depend a little on your skill and willingness to fight for it. Once you are on the wave tho....

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 09:13:12 PM »
I started at 215 and started on the Nalu 10'6" by 28.  Flatwater was fine... took four or five sessions in the surf... maybe more... before I could ride it.

I still have it.  That should tell you a thing or two.

SL
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 04:45:00 AM »

I still have it.  That should tell you a thing or two.

SL

You don't count. You're not human  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, if it was wider, it would have been sold already. Think about that for a minute. You'll suffer the same issue when you try to sell it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal