Author Topic: SIC Bullet 11 pics  (Read 7485 times)

RainWaves

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • SUP-Southeast
    • Email
SIC Bullet 11 pics
« on: March 15, 2013, 10:03:45 AM »
 The first 3 SIC boards I had on order showed up from the South in good shape on Tuesday, and the 11' is the first one I pulled out to take some pictures of. Although they are supposed to be produced in both the TWCC (AST) construction, and SCC (Carbon), only the SCC have showed up yet. Board weighed 23lbs on my trusty scale, and carries easily with the new handle.
Pete.

Rainskates: Kick-Ass skateboard wheels.

supsoutheast.com:  BIC, Ke Nalu, Naish and SIC dealer for S.E. Alaska.

Takeo

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Takeo Gyotaku - "Fish Prints With Aloha"
    • Email
Re: SIC Bullet 11 pics
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 12:25:42 PM »
Nice!  I'd love to add one of those to my quiver! SIC rocks!

corlot

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 02:19:16 PM »
Very cool! Cannot wait to hear how it rides! This morning I paddled my 14 Bullet and was catching glides on little tiny rollers. Super fun. The 11 looks like a pocket rocket!

RainWaves

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • SUP-Southeast
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 02:36:24 PM »
 Put me in that category too! I'm just getting over some cold/flu crap, so I haven't been able to take it out yet :(. Missed out on 4 days of sunny skies and NW downwind conditions last week. It was cool to be in the Sun at lunchtime, but watching the whitecaps roll by was hard.

I'll try to get the 12'6" Bullet out for some pics tomorrow, or whenever it quits raining. Ditto for the 14', but at least there are pics out that board to be found.
Pete.

FreeSup_Brazil

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 07:23:35 AM »
Wowww.
Amazing board, I love it.

RainWaves

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • SUP-Southeast
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 09:10:44 AM »
 I have had the board out twice now, first for a glassy paddle around the bouys on Saturday, then for a late afternoon d-w run on Sunday afternoon. First impressions: the board is very responsive: in a straight line you can feel it accelerate with each stroke, and it is highly maneuverable (it turns very easily). The fin is 9" x 4-1/4" and I had it positioned in the middle of the fin box, but it needs to get get put back all the way to help track better. I was getting about 6-7 strokes per side before veering off too much.

My time around the bouy course came in at 21 minutes (3.7 kts/4.25mph) but I was slow at the start and getting a feel for the board, and had to stop at least 3 times to clear seaweed off the fin. Add to that I was late on the tide, and was going against the current on the longest leg. So, I figure under better conditions I'd shave at least a minute off that time, which would put it on par with the 12' Glide I use.

The D-W run was a last minute decision as I was working on my house, but the 15-18 knot NW wind and opposing flood tide beckoned me to give it a go. As usual, by the time I set out on the short run into town (3 miles) the wind had started to drop off, as did the 2' chop. I did catch some short glides, but not too many, and figured I'd have been better off on a longer board for those conditions.

I did take the GoPro, but haven't even looked at the footage yet. If there is anything worth editing into a very short video, Ill work on that soon. The only bummer was when I launched from the dock, a wave rocked the board just as I was standing up, and the board came into contact with the docks rusty float tube with a sickening "crunch" sound :(. I immediately hopped back up on the dock to take a look, and saw a small chip in the finish (no big deal) but also saw two very small pressure cracks right above it, about 1.5" long (big deal >:() A quick wipe-down and a piece of Aluminum tape later, and I was back in the water. Pretty bummed about that, but still a sweet board. At 200 lbs with suit, I am kind of at the upper limit for this board, but can't wait to take it out again when there is more wind.
Pete.

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 11:49:27 AM »
Looks awesome.. How wide is it?

DJ

RainWaves

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • SUP-Southeast
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 12:04:59 PM »
Looks awesome.. How wide is it?

DJ

The specs say 28.25", and that is what I just got with my measuring tape. Rails are about 5.5" thick at this point, but the thickness drops down into the standing area by at least 1/2".
Pete.

CascadeSup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 05:09:12 PM »
I'm curious, what is the intended market for this board (Bullet 11)?  Clearly SIC and their retailers have someone or a particular use in mind, but I haven't seen that anywhere.

It seems most DW paddlers are going for 14 foot or even longer boards, even on inland waters - like in the Gorge (Hood River) or on Puget Sound.  Why go smaller? 

Doug

RainWaves

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • SUP-Southeast
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 07:27:16 PM »
 ^ can't really speak for them, but for a smaller, lighter weight rider, I think this would be a good choice for "all-around" paddling and down-winding. I just got back from another quick run upwind, and back down. Had a bit more wind than on Sunday (NW 12-15, gusting to 20), and got some good glides on the 1 footers coming back. In these smaller/lighter wind conditions, I'm sure someone in the 150 lb range would have done much better than me at 200 lbs though. In similar conditions, I probably would have connected a lot more runners on a 14'er than I did on this board. It had me wishing for a lot more wind and bigger waves, as I'm sure it would have made a big difference.

I have the board pretty well down in the water just standing on it, with the bottom of the nose just about water level, and the tail is a bit under at this point. So yeah, I'm too fat for it! ;D But it is a blast to paddle D-W, as it turns so easliy. No need for a rudder on the baby Bullet!

This is what it looked like a few hours ago:
Pete.

corlot

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 08:36:52 PM »
I'm curious, what is the intended market for this board (Bullet 11)?  Clearly SIC and their retailers have someone or a particular use in mind, but I haven't seen that anywhere.

It seems most DW paddlers are going for 14 foot or even longer boards, even on inland waters - like in the Gorge (Hood River) or on Puget Sound.  Why go smaller? 

Doug

I remeber seeing an interview and the 11 foot was mentioned as being an agile board for different conditions.

I agree with the Rainwaves on it being a fantastic all arounder. On paper it may look strange but if you could only have one board...

JonathanC

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 11:22:25 PM »
Beautiful board but must admit I'm struggling to put my finger on the intended market. Seems to be a fair bit of rocker so maybe there is a surfing crossover intended, smaller BOP board perhaps?

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 16, 2024, 12:40:25 AM
post SIC Raptor Foil and Board For Sale
[Classifieds]
addapost
April 15, 2024, 04:25:26 PM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 15, 2024, 02:40:38 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal