Author Topic: Sebby & Ponce paddlers  (Read 2055 times)

OldSkoot

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sebby & Ponce paddlers
« on: March 12, 2013, 01:52:43 AM »
    I plan on being in Sebastian inlet for a week (3/15-3/21), then up near what's called Slippery Creek ( just south of Ponce inlet). If any zoners paddle those areas, or would like to, let me know.
   Depending on weather/conditions, gonna try to do early morning and late afternoon cruises with most likely at least one full day of paddling/exploring at each area.
   I'd offer a board for those that either don't have one for those whose board is in for repairs, but I only own one board. So unfortunately this is a BYOB.

Old School

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Sebby & Ponce paddlers
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 04:01:39 AM »
Where are you staying around the inlet?  I live about 15 miles south of there.

I have some travel coming up, but maybe we could hook up one day while you're in town.

OldSkoot

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 09:44:41 AM »
  I'm staying at Long Point ( north side of inlet), I tried getting a place on the south but all were booked. By snooping around on maps, looks to be some better mangrove/island hopping about 5 miles south of Sebby?

NoSaltSuper

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 11:08:46 AM »
But on a different note OldSkoot, I'll be in Orlando 22-29 (give or take) near Sea World. Driving down, bringing 2-3 boards.

Hope to paddle in some of the lakes there, maybe Lake Willis or Big Sand Lake, wherever I can sneak in.

Staying at Marriott's Grande Vista, they have a small lake there that I plan to paddle and SUP Fish on, assuming they let me.
Semper Fi!

It's simple, either you get the wave or the wave gets you.

OldSkoot

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 05:02:54 PM »
  NoSalt, I won't be back in Orlando area til the 29th ( late),  if you're around still on the 30th I'll paddle. Not sure they'll let you paddle & fish there but I think Paddleboard Orlando meets Saturday mornings in the city of Winter Park at or very near what's called little dock ( any local around Rollins college can give you directions to it).
  If you venture very far away from the Disney area my advice is to steer clear of Lake Monroe, Lake Jessup, & Lake Harney!!! All are saturated with gators, and the sad part is visitors and idiots like to feed them. Enjoy the stay down here and don't forget to take some pics!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal