Author Topic: Adding artificial sweeteners to milk?  (Read 1814 times)

pguidry

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Adding artificial sweeteners to milk?
« on: March 01, 2013, 02:53:53 AM »
What the heck? They really want to add artificial sweeteners to milk? Even worse, they don't want to tell us.  How is this even under consideration by the FDA? Why aren't they being arrested?

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/artificial-sweeteners-milk

freetobeme

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Adding artificial sweeteners to milk?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 04:27:50 AM »
Are u really surprised? I have not supported the dairy industry in a looong time.  It disgusts me in general.  It's not natural for humans to drinking past infancy nevermind that it comes from an animal and not our mothers.  The idea that we need milk is a total farce built up by the dairy folks to persuade families to buy it. And now they add hormones and all kinds of extras to enhance the taste and shelf life. The dairy industry is a sad world!  Not to mention the suffering of the animals during the whole process.  I stick to almond milk. 
"Everything you want is on the other side of fear" - George Addair

CoreVac Cannibal BOMB 8'8

pguidry

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Adding artificial sweeteners to milk?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 04:58:17 AM »
This was bugging me.  I've been struggling with it this morning.

I did some google checking and here's better writeup on Snopes (www.snopes.com%2Fpolitics%2Fbusiness%2Faspartamemilk.asp)

Kinda hard to weed out the exact facts.  It's more than flavored milk because they want to go after sour cream and heavy cream.  

If you want to add stuff to milk, call it fake milk or modified milk.  I know they'll slap some marketing term on it like enhanced milk.

I want to believe businesses won't do us harm but that's really naive.  Good thing they're no longer local.  I'd run into them in a bar and tell them to quit screwing up milk and then end up punching them in the mouth.  That's what they need.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal