Author Topic: F-One Madeiro 7'11" Review  (Read 5873 times)

hokiesax

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
F-One Madeiro 7'11" Review
« on: February 06, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »
Tried the F-One 7'11" a few weeks ago back to back with my 8ft PSH Ripper (not "wide").  I'm 5'9" and 165lbs. I've been riding the 8ft PSH Ripper for about 2 years now.  Surf that day was waist to chest dumpy shore break onto a shallow sand bar.  The two boards were very very similar.  I have sworn by PSH boards the past few years, but I think I might like the Madeiro a little bit better in these particular conditions.  It's a bit wider so it feels a little more stable to me.  My wife thought the opposite, as the deck of the board is slightly convex instead of flat like the PSH.  She thought that made it feel more unstable.  In certain situations the PSH wants to flip over.  Usually this is when I'm trying to fit a big SUP into a small pocket that's really meant for a short board.  However, the Madeiro didn't want to flip over.  It was a surprising discovery that allowed me to really go for it in some treacherous conditions.  The build of the board appears to be excellent.  Not sure how they will hold up in the long run.  The Starboards look more durable, but who knows, only time will tell. 

I also tried the 7'7" and liked it even more once on a wave, but overall it felt a bit too small for me.  I was sore for 2 days after riding that board for an hour. 

sideshore

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: F-One Madeiro 7'11" Review
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 08:00:13 AM »
I own the F-One 14' Race. I am very happy with the build quality of that board. At 6'3" 205 lbs, I'm not even close to being able to ride the 7'11", but I 've been looking at some of the larger boards in their surf models. Very impressive line-up. Trying to decide between the Anakao 9'1" x 30  and the Manawa 9'0" x 30.5.
http://en.f-onesup.com//Redaction/OverViewSUP.htm

Acrane7

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 05:31:06 AM »
Little late on this but the durability of my 7'7" is virtually bulletproof; have had it since January. I know this from nailing a rail with all sorts of stuff: shin, heel, knee,paddle blade, paddle shaft, and yesterday got sucked up in a barrel and took an upper arm shot, all without a scratch, dent, or ding. Board might weigh a little more than say a full carbon but since I can destroy just about anything I will take the extra strength.

I have a Naish Hokua and took a knee to it and blew the rail open. Pretty bummed that it happened since it was a 1ft crap day.

Stability is exceptional with the 7'7" for someone up to 170lbs and my friend rides the 7'11" and he is close to 200lbs with no problem. Its a fun board and with the Gerry Lopez GL-2 quads on the 7'7" it makes it even more fun!

Hope it helps if you are still in the market.

APPST_Paddle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 11:42:09 AM »
Reviving this thread as I just saw one for sale pretty reasonably priced. I'm 170 lbs or so, dropping down from a 8'8" Naish Hokua X32 140L, I'm going to demo it, but how is this  board from a stability standpoint?
7'6" JL Super Frank Lean
8'2" JL SuperTech 
10'1" JL Black and Blue
14' BIC WS Tracer
6'5" JL Flying-V/GoFoil Maliko 200
Kenalu Ho'oloa 95, Werner Rip Stick 79

APPST_Paddle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 06:43:50 PM »
Just bought one second hand - paddled my 175 lbs pretty well on the first go around - no real waves to speak of, but definitely more stable than I thought it would be dropping from 8'8x32,140L. No issues with floating me.
7'6" JL Super Frank Lean
8'2" JL SuperTech 
10'1" JL Black and Blue
14' BIC WS Tracer
6'5" JL Flying-V/GoFoil Maliko 200
Kenalu Ho'oloa 95, Werner Rip Stick 79

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal