Author Topic: Deck Pad  (Read 8638 times)

photosettle

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Deck Pad
« on: July 15, 2007, 11:12:37 AM »
Looking for a deck pad for a board on order.  Has anyone had any luck with www.hydroturf.com 

It seems a lot cheaper than people selling pads specifically for SUPing.  Other deck pads recomended to me are from Hi Tech and Infinity so any feedback is welcome.

Thanks

luke

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Deck Pad
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 04:57:38 PM »
I just ordered deck pads for my 2 new boards  on line from C4waterman.com They have 2 new ones that are really nice, all  self adhiesive, die cut and have nice stomp pads with them. seem to be getting some great stuff those guys.  They seem to be  developing   cool  stuff.  just got one of the new production baords too, Boardworks   has  have stock rolling in in CA . Good luck

Lightning Bolt Maui

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Deck Pad for sale at Lightning Bolt Maui
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 03:22:03 PM »
We sell Lightning Bolt Maui Deck Pads. We can do custom pads if you need a special shape pad also. They are self adhesive just peel and stick and surf. You can call us (808) 877-3484 or email us at
onlineorders@lightningboltmaui.com
Deck pad 7' x 23  with slight kick at tail end of pad. We have them in black or gray

Allan Cheateaux

• Sunset Status
  • Enhance you open ocean existence!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - allancheateaux@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 11:30:01 PM »
Looking for a deck pad for a board on order.  Has anyone had any luck with www.hydroturf.com 

It seems a lot cheaper than people selling pads specifically for SUPing.  Other deck pads recomended to me are from Hi Tech and Infinity so any feedback is welcome.

Thanks

Thats where alot of the manufacturers get their padding, its where I get mine. But I only put a 30" section in the middle, so I can get 4 boards outta one sheet. It works really good for me. Not the comfiest stuff, but does the job in the no slip kung-fu grip department.

jd

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 04:22:17 PM »
I use hydroturf and like nuimoana said it looks like that is where the retailers get their deck pads from that they charge $150 for.  If you want to save money I got a sheet of the grey diamond pattern as seconds on their site.  It's $25 for a 60" long piece and another $25 if you want adhesive on it. 

Some people have also used yoga mats as well.  Just be careful not to get a mat that is not too heavy.  Hydroturf is lightweight.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 05:52:13 PM »
I use hydroturf and like nuimoana said it looks like that is where the retailers get their deck pads from that they charge $150 for.  If you want to save money I got a sheet of the grey diamond pattern as seconds on their site.  It's $25 for a 60" long piece and another $25 if you want adhesive on it. 

Some people have also used yoga mats as well.  Just be careful not to get a mat that is not too heavy.  Hydroturf is lightweight.

http://www.northshoreinc.com/

These people are another major US manufacturer for pads. You can buy bulk material and shops can have custom house brand pads built.

photosettle

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 09:08:22 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback.  Inspite of thinking the best buy was at hydroturf and also thinking that it is likely to be the same stuff that guys are puting a logo on anc charging way more for... i went w/ one that guys are charging way more for.  I bought one and infinity for for about $110 i think.  Still not here yet. My reasoning was that it pre cut and they also have some nice 'cut out' center line holes to follow the center stringer up so it gets installed straight.  Thanks again for all the info.

Shane

shapeshifter

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 02:31:56 AM »
i'm pretty sure that you'll be quite satisfied with the infinity deck pad product. i have a set in blue, have yet to applied it, but it seems ample upon inspection. did you also get the clear non-slip for the nose of your board?

i'm liking the hydroturf options for future application and will stock up on that too... thanks for the lead on that one guys.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 02:34:32 AM by shapeshifter »
whoever invented the hole... knew nothing.
...ooooO...................
...(.......)......Ooooo....
....\.....(.......(.......).....
.....\.__)........)...../.....
...................(__./......

pehea oe?

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 02:59:34 PM »
Aloha...I have been using the new Lighting Bolt deck pad for about 3 weeks now and am very happy with the texure and grip. Some pads will over rash you getting in and out (assuming no rash guard worn) but this pad seems more stick than scratch and has a cool angled stomp pad in the rear so you can feel where you are without looking down. I recommend it highly if you are in the waves or working out on long paddles...a hui hou kakou

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal