Author Topic: CUSTUM PADDLES ??????  (Read 33489 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: CUSTUM PADDLES ??????
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2014, 08:34:28 AM »
One of these days I'm going to have to try this. Amazing looking results.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

peterwSUPr

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2014, 08:48:43 AM »
Loosehead, is there anything like a thin foam core in that blade or just the carbon and cloth and tow you describe.  Sounds super thin if there's no core, I don't think I've seen one that thin.

Peter

loosehead

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2014, 01:28:20 PM »
no core.i cut a rough blade shape out of foam and then put alayer of plastic with silicone spray.then a layer of carbon cloth ,tow and fiberglass.then another layer of peel plastic then paper towles as a breather then into the vacumn bag.when it cures i just peel everything off .now i have a rough shape to work with .i then layer up some more tow and fiberglass and back in the bag.you can just keep adding layers until you get it to the desired stiffness.by running the shaft down the face of the blade at an angle you can keep the blade pretty thin,the shaft stffens it up.

supLaz

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2014, 09:10:26 AM »
Hi guys,

what is the ideal size/measurement  of a tapered oval shaft?

Have the dimensions of the starboard foil shaft (ca.34/29mm) but that seems quite big and is not tapered,

does anyone have the dimensions of the Kiaola or/and QB shaft?

Thnks
Laz
(glove size 9 1/2)
Laz

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal