Author Topic: West Oz downwinder questions...  (Read 3955 times)

noa

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
West Oz downwinder questions...
« on: August 09, 2008, 01:22:57 AM »
Question to all, but maybe more to the aussies.
used to live in Sydney from 99 to 03, traveled around a fair bit, but never made it to WA. i'm now thinking of going to WA, around Margaret river from Jan onwards. any info on the conditions for doing downwinders there ? i of course know about the "doctor",  how strong and regularly does he blow ? is it always cross shore ? any other particularities and info would be great .
is there any sort of "downwind" scene in that area ? thanks for your your help guys...

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: West Oz downwinder questions...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 04:18:00 AM »
I'll ask the question for you on Seabreeze....There's a few WA guys there.

I'm sure there'd be heaps of good SUP'ing spots..even for down-winders.

DJ

noa

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 08:21:54 AM »
Hey DJ,
thanks a lot for your help mate. what's Seabreeze, an aussie forum ? maybe i should check it out too, got a link ?
on a different subject, one more question if i may. being involved with Naish over there, does JB (John Messenger) have something to do with them too ? i used to work with him back in 2001 at Windsurf and Snow. legend of a guy, had some fun times with him.
thanks again for your help. speak soon...

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 11:15:34 AM »
Hey DJ,
thanks a lot for your help mate. what's Seabreeze, an aussie forum ? maybe i should check it out too, got a link ?
on a different subject, one more question if i may. being involved with Naish over there, does JB (John Messenger) have something to do with them too ? i used to work with him back in 2001 at Windsurf and Snow. legend of a guy, had some fun times with him.
thanks again for your help. speak soon...

JB rides a Uli these days..  ;D

Just kidding..  ;) ...Here's JB on my friend Oliver's Uli and Oliver testing out JB's new 9'6" Naish..

DJ

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 11:53:50 AM by Admin »

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 03:55:23 PM »
Hey noa...Here's a better pic of JB taken at Noosa..He's on the 9'6" Naish quad.

JB's one of Australia's best SUP'ers and I look forward to catching up with him later this year at the 'Mambo' at Merimbula.

There's been a few answers to your question here.. http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40219

DJ

« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 03:58:22 PM by DavidJohn »

noa

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 09:35:32 PM »
big thanks DJ !
just got an e mail from JB. so funny to hear from him after all these years. many many thanks for your help on this ! do you ever visit WA ? would be great to meet up and share some waves.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal