Author Topic: Big Day at the Beachcomber with Zane and Daniel June 9th  (Read 3011 times)

Innofthebeachcomber

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Big Day at the Beachcomber with Zane and Daniel June 9th
« on: September 24, 2012, 07:28:25 PM »
I finally have a little free time after the summer at the Beachcomber  so I started going through the footage of the Gold Beach Challenge.   Wish I had a higher vantage point besides the dune.  Big day for a beach break  Saturday the 9th of June 3 days befor we ran the contest.   Zane is a stud.

Zane Schweitzer and Daniel Hughes paddled out.  Zane stayed up all but once and Daniel had a little more trouble paddling over the white water.  After a few waves they had to come in to get the warm water wax off. 

Let me know what you guys think.  I am going to start working through the footage of the Gold beach Challenge.  The contest will be the same time next year and I am hoping to make it to OC to shoot the California stop of the World Tour.

http://www.standuppaddleboarding.tv/index.html

What would you guys call the faces?

Thanks

Ted
Inn of the Beachcomber

14 West

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Big Day at the Beachcomber with Zane and Daniel June 9th
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:37:14 PM »
That is a gnarly paddle out at the beginning. Makes the bad days here look easy!
Don't forget to bring a towel!

Innofthebeachcomber

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 09:34:22 AM »
Yea normal guys would not try.  Daniel tried to paddle prone for a while.  There was a wave inside the Rogue rover Jetty they wanted to try.  Would have been easier with the channel.  Any way I was at about the same elevation as i shot the Sunset Pro and I lost them in the image in the troughs so seems like it had to be 11 to 12 foot faces.  The sailers from the AWT said that Gold Beach just pounds as far as the waves they keep coming.  Not a break in the sets like in  Maui.

thanks

ted

14 West

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 09:47:44 PM »
Yeah, that is for sure. We met you this spring at the AWT Santa Cruz stop and on the way down stayed at your Inn had a chance to try your break in small conditions, nothing like that vid though!

Innofthebeachcomber

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 11:18:10 PM »
Yea I was bummed you guys did not make it down for the wave bash.  Bad deal the Hb event did not go.  I was primed to shoot it.  Had rigged up a solar charger for the macbook. I would have headed over to hilo for the last event but the whole x thing makes it tough to plan.

Thanks for making it down last year and hope the Gold Beach Challenge it epic next year.

Thanks
Ted
Inn of the Beachcomber 

14 West

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 10:59:15 PM »
Yeah the forecast sort of flopped outside of the contest dates, and given we are heading there for a couple weeks, we ended up delaying, then the forecast tanked worse, and we didn't get down there until early July I think it was.

Next year I'd really like to make the SUP contest and the Windsurf one.

Innofthebeachcomber

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 10:00:47 PM »
Will be great to see you down next year.  After the finals for the wave bash Keith, Zane, Morgan and Bernd went out in front of the Beachcomber and said it was unreal for wave sailing.  Wished you could have made it down.

See you next year. 

How about the World Tour in Cali not happening any thoughts.

ted

14 West

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 10:27:35 PM »
I think there needs to be some more grassroots contests on this coast to support the tour.  Maybe even one up here. That said, looks like there is one this weekend in California, I wish I had realized that earlier and made plans to make it down!

Next time!

14 West

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 01:28:41 PM »
Hey Ted looks like your webcam at the Inn is out of focus... when you get a chance could you adjust that? Time to start thinking about Oregon in the spring!

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal