Stand Up Paddle > Gear Talk

What's the next generation of board design?

(1/6) > >>

Nate Burgoyne:
We're all mind surfing the future. What do you hope to find under your feet this winter?

DavidJohn:
I choose option three...and yeah I may be the only one to pick this category..  :)

I think good all rounders are the way to go for me and for where I live.

Boards like my new 11'4" Naish.

But then I'm an old fart at 50yrs..and 6'4"..200lbs (90kg)..and although I paddle almost every day I don't get to surf in the waves much.

DJ

Sam Pa'e:
All I'm looking at is one board "A BIG WAVE GUN!!!" Just getting ready for the "KU IKAIKA 2009"

shapeshifter:
both boards i've owned so far have been hollow... actually the first one was only partially hollow. i'm intreagued by the possibilities and how effective the manipulation of the foil can be on such a craft. by changing stance on the uli, it is possible to create a concave or throw a "v" almost anywhere on the board i desire. also been experimenting with asymmetrical distortions to get a desired effect.

PonoBill:
I think I'm for a category I don't see--big boards that surf well. I really like big boards. I'm not going a lot smaller unless I find something I just love. I held off on buying a production version of the Angulo 11'11' prototype because I thought I wanted a smaller board, but I just keep remembering how magically that prototype surfed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version