Author Topic: SoCal Zone Contest  (Read 21019 times)

sup_surf_giant

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal Zone Contest
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2012, 02:23:44 PM »
Del Mar river mouth.
Date unknown.
But I'm guessing an offshore Fall day.

Looks like a beautiful close-out for all but the unhuman among us aka Slater, John-John, etc.
Taller than most, shorter than others.

Cardiff Sweeper

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2012, 03:56:54 PM »
Mana and I hit up the reef again today.  S. Leper, what are the specs on that carbon Imagine he has?  (I think he got it from you).  I was playing submarine on it. It accelerates so fast once I got the drop going.  Fun board, and M. Karma took a rogue head high wave in today. Nice ride!!

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2012, 07:36:29 PM »
Sub 90 liters (87-89) That is the proto for the Mach 1, essentially.  The Mach 1 has a touch more volume. On the MK board, you have to stand a bit forward and centered... As you probably figured out.

Once I hopped onto that board, it was game over... And I couldn't ride anything else until I got the Mach 1.

SL
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

kneecap

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: SoCal Zone Contest
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2012, 09:21:50 PM »
Mana and I hit up the reef again today.  S. Leper, what are the specs on that carbon Imagine he has?  (I think he got it from you).  I was playing submarine on it. It accelerates so fast once I got the drop going.  Fun board, and M. Karma took a rogue head high wave in today. Nice ride!!

That's funny, Boludo,  Tom English and I were near a certain reef of enlightenment not far from you. It was definitely bigger than it was supposed to be. Tom was connecting everything on his Dolphin chaser and Boludo was living the new Simmons. I managed to grab that same head high set. Fun morning.

And having ridden the Mach 1 and the Enigma that came before it,  the Mach 1 paddles like a yacht compared to the other.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Mana Karma

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2012, 06:58:39 AM »
Sub 90 liters (87-89)

Well that has me feeling a little better about falling for no reason... I was going to give up and sell the board before giving it a good run, but now I'm thinking otherwise.  Just need practice, patience, and the right fins!

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2012, 07:57:42 AM »
I kind of regret selling. So if u give up, hit me up.

SL
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2012, 08:17:34 AM »
It is a totally different balancing iidea than your 8'3.  Lots of subtle ankle shifts.. Get more forward and centered. Etc.  the stuff that you probably already know.

SL

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2012, 05:03:38 PM »
Can't quite pull off the shirts for this one...
Not officially a TIMPALOOZA.

Here is the Layout...

Ralph
Sup-position
Huntington Beach, California, USA
(714) 899-3020

www.Sup-position.com

Shirts Ready for the Next One!
Ralph
Sup-position
(714) 899-3020 call, Text or Message

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal