Author Topic: Let's see pics of your favorite flatwater places  (Read 153463 times)

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Let's see pics of your favorite flatwater places
« Reply #360 on: February 22, 2018, 11:40:00 AM »
Thanks! We were in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. The inflatable boards are perfect for traveling. The rentals were $25 per hour, and that didn’t make sense to us.

That’s really interesting. I was wondering if you had any difficulty with the airlines traveling with your inflatable boards?

My wife and I are going to the Cook Islands in October and I’d like to take my inflatable. My only concern is that the bag my inflatable transports in measures approx. 38” x 16” x 14”. Added together this is 68” and Air New Zealand has a limit per bag of 62 linear inches. I note that they have a separate category for sports equipment and I just sent them an e-mail this morning asking about this. I am thinking I will be exempt from the 62 linear inches because it’s sports equipment, but at this point I’m not sure.

I really don’t want to get to the airport and find out they won’t allow me to take my board, or that they are going to charge me some exorbitant price for taking it. I already have to pay an extra $160 each way because this is my second bag. I would prefer not to have to pay even more money because it’s oversized, or my worst nightmare that when I’m at the airport a couple of hours before the flight they tell me I can’t take it with me.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 22, 2018, 01:49:16 PM »
I don't paddle a lot of flat water, but this is more of a fun commute to the surf.

I'll paddle with my GF from New Brighton beach up to Privates, cruising right along the cliffs the whole way.

4RN4FN

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Let's see pics of your favorite flatwater places
« Reply #362 on: February 22, 2018, 06:49:42 PM »
Thanks! We were in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. The inflatable boards are perfect for traveling. The rentals were $25 per hour, and that didn’t make sense to us.

That’s really interesting. I was wondering if you had any difficulty with the airlines traveling with your inflatable boards?

My wife and I are going to the Cook Islands in October and I’d like to take my inflatable. My only concern is that the bag my inflatable transports in measures approx. 38” x 16” x 14”. Added together this is 68” and Air New Zealand has a limit per bag of 62 linear inches. I note that they have a separate category for sports equipment and I just sent them an e-mail this morning asking about this. I am thinking I will be exempt from the 62 linear inches because it’s sports equipment, but at this point I’m not sure.

I really don’t want to get to the airport and find out they won’t allow me to take my board, or that they are going to charge me some exorbitant price for taking it. I already have to pay an extra $160 each way because this is my second bag. I would prefer not to have to pay even more money because it’s oversized, or my worst nightmare that when I’m at the airport a couple of hours before the flight they tell me I can’t take it with me.

@Quickbeam, we didn’t have any issues - just some curious TSA and customs agents about how the boards worked, were they easy to travel with, etc. Each bag/board weighed in at 32.5 lbs and was not classified as oversized. We flew Southwest who always seems to be a bit more lenient than other airlines.

Sounds like you have an incredible adventure coming up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 22, 2018, 09:34:11 PM »

@Quickbeam, we didn’t have any issues - just some curious TSA and customs agents about how the boards worked, were they easy to travel with, etc. Each bag/board weighed in at 32.5 lbs and was not classified as oversized. We flew Southwest who always seems to be a bit more lenient than other airlines.

Sounds like you have an incredible adventure coming up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks 4RN4FN,

I appreciate your feedback. As for our trip, we are very much looking forward to it. We’ve been to Rarotonga before - three times in fact, but it’s been almost 20 years.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

robon

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 20, 2018, 09:48:24 PM »
I can't use the preview function anymore prior to posting, so I'm checking to see if anything will post at all. Edit: Pictures still post but I still can't see anything on preview prior to posting. Anyone else having this problem?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 09:58:43 PM by robon »

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 21, 2018, 06:41:25 AM »
I can't use the preview function anymore prior to posting, so I'm checking to see if anything will post at all. Edit: Pictures still post but I still can't see anything on preview prior to posting. Anyone else having this problem?

Because of this site's software and how it was designed, you won't see any pictures in the Preview. I'm not a fan of this action either.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal