Author Topic: BIC 12'6" Wing pictures  (Read 8545 times)

RainWaves

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • SUP-Southeast
    • Email
BIC 12'6" Wing pictures
« on: September 10, 2012, 09:27:36 AM »
 Here are some shots of the new BIC Wing Touring SUP in their "Ace-Tec" construction. Board dims are 12'6" x 30" wide, with a claimed weight of 34lbs (this one is 35.5 lbs). The ASA skin on these boards is only 1mm thick, but does a good job protecting them from scratches and whatever else you might bump into, (short of dropping a board onto a stainless steel propeller, but that's for a different thread).

If anyone wants any other views/shots, just let me know and I'll try to get them for you.
Thanks, Pete.
Pete.

Rainskates: Kick-Ass skateboard wheels.

supsoutheast.com:  BIC, Ke Nalu, Naish and SIC dealer for S.E. Alaska.

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: BIC 12'6" Wing pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 10:06:59 AM »
BIC had a bunch of the Wings at the Newport SUP Cup this past weekend for people to try out and the women's elite race winner won the 12'6 class on a Wing.  Cool part was watching the BIC rep take a board from the back of the truck and throw it onto the pavement.

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 01:21:16 PM »
Saw it this past week.  Did not get to try it but picked it up etc.  The one I picked up was 33lbs as described.  Nice clean shape and going to be durable as well. 

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 02:17:29 PM »
Nice fin.

DJ

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 06:55:21 AM »
Fiona Wylde was the womens elite winner on the 12-6 Wing. She was going to use my old cruiser and her Dad Macrae my Vec but when they saw the Wings there available to use they jumped on them. You should see her buoy turn...she walks to the tail while turning around to face backward and does one hard sweeping turn pivoting the board 180 deg. under her with a couple quick steps back to the standing position while planting the paddle for the next stroke. Most graceful and effective turn I've seen.

He not only threw it to the pavement he was walking/jumping on a pile of boards. durable for sure.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 08:29:00 AM »
Great pictures. A lot better than those brochure-style pictures that are on the Bic web page. I like the board, especially with the conversation about the durability.
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

RainWaves

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • SUP-Southeast
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 09:28:01 AM »
Great pictures. A lot better than those brochure-style pictures that are on the Bic web page. I like the board, especially with the conversation about the durability.

Thanks, and you're welcome! It is annoying that most Manufacturers websites only have small, top & bottom shots, and maybe a side profile if you are lucky.
 I try to get "real" views of boards, so when I put them up on my website you can get a better idea of what a boards shape, and rocker profile look like (still need to get this one up there).

Later, Pete.
Pete.

Rainskates: Kick-Ass skateboard wheels.

supsoutheast.com:  BIC, Ke Nalu, Naish and SIC dealer for S.E. Alaska.

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 12:35:10 PM »
Rainwaves, another thing to add about the BIC boards.  They are one of the few companies that actually publishes board weights.  Something you do not see alot of from other companies. I like the honesty  ;D

downwinddave

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 12:43:30 PM »
tough stuff -it looks a lot like the classic bic windsurfer construction, or so it would seam.

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 05:33:51 PM »
tough stuff -it looks a lot like the classic bic windsurfer construction, or so it would seam.

It's ACETEC basically I'd you are familiar with that.  Very durable and fairly light.

longboarder63

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 06:36:50 PM »
I just bought one.  Review to follow after this weekend.

Neki

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 08:37:44 PM »
Ive been demoing one for 3 days now. I like it alot. Ill probably get one. It has loads of stability being almost in the tour width for a SUP at 30"... I fished off of it the other day for 5 hrs getting off the board only once to take photos of a red drum. The Bottom contours are very subtle. flat in the mid section for the most part. Its hard to see in pics but the rails in the middle section contour in couple of angles. almost forming a chine wich i think provides more secondary stability and less wetted surface tention going on.  also the width and thickness are carried back good on the wing.  Im 220 and i think it will race fine for a 12'6".

longboarder63

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 06:53:24 PM »
Been out on it twice, first in about 8 kts. and 6 in. chop, and next in about 5 kts. and ripples.  Fit and finish are very nice, glide is pretty good, and like most displacement type boards, tracks better standing closer to the nose.  The board "edges" very well.  The kayakers know what I mean, as it is easy to dip the opposite rail during the stroke to help going straight.  Lots of secondary stability.  For flatwater, it will be a good fitness, training board, and well suited for touring.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal