Author Topic: Willamette Sup Cup WPA July 15th  (Read 2477 times)

gorgebob

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Gorgeperformance.com
    • Email
Willamette Sup Cup WPA July 15th
« on: July 10, 2012, 07:38:15 AM »
Race course set and the beach is behaving nicely. The 6 mile elite race has six bouy turns and a bridge. The race course runs the competitors twice in front of the start beach and screaming fans. Sunday, Sunday George Rogers Park on the Willamette near Lake Oswego. http://www.gorgeperformance.com/html/WSUPCup.html
Founder: Gorge Performance Surf  Shop Portland
Fabricator: RNR Engineering

ObviousSup

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Willamette Sup Cup WPA July 15th
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 01:56:53 PM »
It looks great. I just wish I didn't have obligations this weekend out of town so I could attend. I look forward (with some envy) to seeing the pictures.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »
6 buoy turns is just evil.  Maybe I'll just take my fin off. 

If the fans scream in unison, then there'll be a bridge AND a chorus. 

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 10:50:53 PM »
Six buoy turns? What is this, Nascar? I won't stand a chance against Randy Barna.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 03:41:50 PM »
Race was great. but still not sure if I did the buoy turns right on the trip back south.

Seriously, it was another great race.  Course was nice, with the turns giving several opportunities to see the people ahead and behind you. 

One of the best things was seeing so many young paddlers (teenagers) coming from Hood River--obviously with some good coaching.  Kids' race was great too. 

greatdane

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Paddle Surf Northwest
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 07:16:54 PM »
M&M boards took first and second place in the 14's and Kialoa paddles were 1,2 & 4th place...

PDX... sorry I didn't see you to say hi. Were you hiding?  Great race, the Gorge Performance crew did an outstanding job once again!

And Bill, there were only 6 turns in 7 miles, thats less than one turn per mile man!  Luckily the clouds and drizzle kept the motor boat mayhem controlled, so the water wasn't a washing machine.

Here are some pics I stole off of Facebook...

http://www.paddlesurfnorthwest.com/2012/07/gorge-performance-willamette-sup-cup.html

Cheers!
Kialoa Paddles
Fibre Glas Fin Co
OnIt! Pro
Monster And Sea Clothing

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 07:54:20 PM »
greatdane--I was waaay behind you, then had to leave before the awards.  Will see you at Naish Hood River race? or Round the Rock. 

I might add that the M&Ms and Kialoas had some help from the people using them. 

I'm sure Matt appreciates you posting the photo of him leading you through the turn and not the one taken a couple seconds later where he's underwater. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal