Author Topic: Sunday dawn patrol with Tim  (Read 44935 times)

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday dawn patrol with Tim
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2012, 08:04:54 PM »
Yes, it looks WAY bigger than it really was.  That spot usually doesn't break... and its pretty thick with sharks... and the other morning, there were 15 freaking standups in the water... and lots of other bad stuff too!

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2012, 06:35:38 AM »
Yes, it looks WAY bigger than it really was.  That spot usually doesn't break... and its pretty thick with sharks... and the other morning, there were 15 freaking standups in the water... and lots of other bad stuff too!

Tim
thats right!-and uh how about that gang of meth freak proners we had to fight on the beach!-talk about Battle of the Paddle!, Tim gave his Braveheart speech and Big Ed went mental and led the charge! "But they'll never take, our FREEEEEDDDDOOOOOMMMMM!" :D
United States Air Force Para-Rescue motto "That others may live"

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2012, 07:10:44 AM »
You guys had such good conditions and size!  Band of brothers from another mother (and sisters).

Thanks for posting the pictures here as the fb was blocking me too. 

supthecreek

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2012, 11:24:09 AM »
Tim
Maybe the contest circuit should have you schedule the events... seems like you picked a pretty special day!

That's so Zone.... good people, good vibe, good waves... way to go!

GOTWAVZ

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2012, 09:16:18 AM »
 8)Hey guys, I finally was allowed thru standupzone security and got a username and password after a week of failed attempts.

Anyway, it was great to meet with all of you.  That was a super fun morning, great group of folks. Thanks for including me Ralph.  Long drive from HB but worth it. HB was blown out and small and that place was going off!

Keep us "Northerners" posted when conditions look good again and we can do it again:)
HB, CA, Oahu, HI
JK 7'-8' x 28"x 4" = 99L
JK 7'-10" x 41/4" = 106 L
Joe Blair Gun 8-10" x 28 x 4 1/4
198 lbs - 5'-9"

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2012, 09:52:42 AM »
V,

It was great to see you out there!  Long time no surf with you! 

That spot is my little gem... whenever the NW windswell is too steep, and the morning south wind is going to ugly things up in HB... it is worth a trip.

Creek,

It was super fun... better than I expected in every direction... including from the local crew who were stoked that it was my birthday!

SL
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

kneecap

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2012, 11:16:58 PM »
Time to bump this baby back up!  the seasons have changed and the NW swells are starting to show.  Isn't it about time we scheduled Timapalooza II?  I think Perry Farrell is on board.

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2012, 12:07:29 AM »
I may do a little recon there at dawn this Sunday... You know, how the advance Team gets everything dialed in for the big show... Company is welcome.

Watching the charts... The NPAC is indeed coming alive.

Timapalooza II is just around the corner.

T shirts.  "Surfing is passion, not fashion... Rag whores be gone!". (I think f bombs on t shirts is bad form)

I think Ralphie and I might b able to cook something up on that front.

I will borrow some of Giant's new Kirkland T's.

SL

Cardiff Sweeper

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2012, 12:46:50 AM »
I'm in this Sunday.
Will standby at 1800hrs for broadcast coordinates.

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2012, 12:50:00 AM »
Roger that. Follow @strandleper so I can be discrete but informative at zero hour minus 1.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal