Author Topic: Body Glove 3T Barefoot shoes  (Read 21117 times)

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Body Glove 3T Barefoot shoes
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2012, 03:33:12 PM »
Mine are great.  Can't think of anything I'd change about them.

Fishman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2012, 06:45:12 PM »
I went to shoebuy's web site a short while ago and there was a "15% off Today only banner. I clicked off the page, and when i went back it was gone. I called in the order and they gave me the 15% off. I just told them about the banner.

I would bet that if you  just call in your order they will honer the 15% off.
SupSurfMachine 9'9" longboard
SupSurfMachine  8'2" funboard

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2012, 07:59:49 PM »
A lot of websites will do that.  There'll be a "today only" offer the first time you go there.  Then some cookies get installed, so the next time you go there you'll see a different page than if you delete the cookies or look from another computer.  If you have an account at a shopping website, you'll get some special offers, but on the other hand sometimes you can get better offers by deleting the cookies or looking from another computer at the same website, so the website thinks you're a new viewer. 

UDflyer

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2012, 05:35:48 PM »
Wow...these things are comfy! Going to take some time to get used to the feel between my toes but they they def feel nice! I went with the grey & neon green ones.

Surfer44

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2012, 06:21:08 PM »
My wife and I used ours today on flatwater. She wears a size 7, (she got a 7) and hers are a little loose. I wear a 10.5- 11 (i got an 11) and they are a pain to put on. I use a shoehorn to get them on and THEN they ARE comfortable. I'm going to try talc and see if that helps. All in all, very happy with the traction and walking on the beach rocks. no help with foot cramps, that I can tell.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
 but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW, what a ride!!!

Fishman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2012, 10:26:37 PM »
I got mine today also

I found the Body Glove 3T Barefoot shoes irritating and a bit hot on my feet.

I went out today and bought some Fila skele-toes Bay Runner that i saw at Rack Room last weekend. (The Bay Runners are much better than the other Filas bare foot shoes http://www.drjays.com/shop/P1258691/fila/skele-toes-bay-runner.html?utm_source=cse&utm_medium=googlebase&utm_campaign=fila%20-%20men&utm_term=1258691%20-%20skele-toes-bay-runner )

I did a literal side by side comparison. (one on each foot for over an hour)

The Body Glove's had stitching inside the irritated the top of my feet it really made me want to hurry up and take them off. The black neoprene material is hot made me wish i had socks on the top of my feet were hot. If i was in the hot sun i imagine my feet would be very sweaty. The soles are soft and very grippy. You can tell what you are standing on, good or bad. On a wet kitchen floor the BG's griped a good bit better than the Bay Runners. The drains/vents on the bottom of the shoe are great. They have a Stainless steal mesh in the vent holes that protect, the vents did help cool the bottom of my foot, the drain/vent a very good idea.

The Bay Runners where very comfortable. They are much cooler on my feet. The soles are about 1/16" thicker and made of a harder material. The BR should last a good bit longer than the BG's, i'd bet at least twice as long. The BR's have much more support on uneven surfaces, rocks... The BR don't have any drain holes in the bottom but the top half is a strong light weight airy material, it should dry much faster than the BG's while on your feet.

They both seem to be good quality. they both fit well i could move my feet with no problem like wearing socks.
 If i was in a surf contest and wanted the best traction advantage i'd wear the BodyGloves. I'd even wear them in colder waters. I'd say in water the BG have some advantage over the BR's.

But for me I'll be keeping the BRs. The comfort comparison hands down goes to the Bay Runners. I could wear them all day, i could not say the same for the BG's. maybe my feet are on the sensitive side, but even my two sons (1 of which goes bare foot all the time) would not keep the BG's on for very long. They said the stitching bothered them also.

Fishman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2012, 10:37:39 PM »
they are a pain to put on. I use a shoehorn to get them on
I agree, the BodyGlove are hard to get on, the opening does not give much.

Weed

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2012, 06:15:51 AM »
Fishman... do the Fila Bay Runner run large or small? My foot size is 9 1/2 wondering if I should order size 9 or 10?

Good review btw!

Fishman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2012, 06:45:15 AM »
I wear an 11 1/2, and i got 11's they fit pretty good.
I bought them locally at the Rack Room so i could try them on. The "Sale" price was $49.99 but they have buy one get the second 1/2 off. So me and my youngest son got a pair. Averaged $32.50.

Deadbait

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2012, 08:13:53 AM »
Fishman - Nice review on the Fila's.  I was just checking those out and your review answers alot of questions.

mantaray

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2012, 01:36:28 PM »
I've used a pair of these a few times now.  Two times paddling.  Distance paddles.  No complaints really.  But it's not hot out yet either.  Minimal foot cramping compared to early season for me last year, but that may be in large part to regular Indo Board use over the winter.

As for keeping sand out....well.....

I also wore them to shoot pictures at a surf competition and spent much of my time at water's edge, up to knees.  Plenty of sand got in them and they got darn uncomfortable after they did. 

I have a pair of Vibram KOS and I don't find the 3T's anymore comfortable with the combined 3 toes.  I also actually find them a bit more difficult to get them on over the heel.  Not as much stretch I think as the KOS and unlike the KOS there is no loop to grab onto.

Not gonna throw them out, but not gonna be my first choice either.

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2012, 06:07:46 PM »
Ok i used my birthday pair a few times and right now i love them.
I think they are way easier to get on the 5 finger KSO's, mine had a little draw string loop tightener thing a ma bob-great traction-thicker soled than the KSO's-so i lost a little "Feel", but not enough to bother me.
Way easier in my opinion to slip in the toes, the KSO's are a hassle-that friggin pinky toe has a mind of its own!
These are gonna be all i use now-except i may still use the KSO's during the warmer south swells when i really want to experience the feel of the deck pad, theres almost no feel at all with the BG's.
United States Air Force Para-Rescue motto "That others may live"

AJR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2012, 04:37:56 PM »
"that friggin pinky toe has a mind of its own!"

I'm betting your better half says the same about you...

SoCalSupper

• Cortez Bank Status
  • support the HPWA!
    • View Profile
    • HPWA
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2012, 05:34:03 PM »

among other things yes! :D
Ok, out at dpatch this morning-super fun sesh-was dancing across the rocks on the way in and this guy covered in BG gear walks up to me-turns out hes VP of Footwear for BG-really nice guy, i tell him i did the shoes and long story short, he asks me my wifes shoe size, which it turns our i remember, and he hands me brand new pair of pink 3T's in the box!-now thats how you treat a customer!
I told him i lose some feel due to the thicker sole than the Vibrams and he says they now have them or are soon to come out with a new version with a thinner sole.
Bottom line-i love em, cant speak to their durability yet but they seem real solid.
United States Air Force Para-Rescue motto "That others may live"

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2012, 07:27:00 PM »

among other things yes! :D
Ok, out at dpatch this morning-super fun sesh-was dancing across the rocks on the way in and this guy covered in BG gear walks up to me-turns out hes VP of Footwear for BG-really nice guy, i tell him i did the shoes and long story short, he asks me my wifes shoe size, which it turns our i remember, and he hands me brand new pair of pink 3T's in the box!-now thats how you treat a customer!
I told him i lose some feel due to the thicker sole than the Vibrams and he says they now have them or are soon to come out with a new version with a thinner sole.
Bottom line-i love em, cant speak to their durability yet but they seem real solid.
No fair!  Next time can you tell him your wife's size changed to a men's 11?  I'll pay shipping.

I've been wearing mine every time I paddle--just flatwater, so feel for the board isn't as important.  Thickness seems perfect for that. 

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 16, 2024, 12:40:25 AM
post SIC Raptor Foil and Board For Sale
[Classifieds]
addapost
April 15, 2024, 04:25:26 PM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 15, 2024, 02:40:38 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal