Author Topic: Anybody else using Strava?  (Read 4360 times)

greatdane

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Paddle Surf Northwest
    • Email
Anybody else using Strava?
« on: April 29, 2012, 04:42:44 PM »
Strava is a cycling or running app for iPhone, Android and Garmin... I know there may be better GPS programs out there, but I'm loving this for it's ease of use.  The only down side, is that its a cycling app, but for me, thats ok, because all I really want to see is max speed, avg, speed, distance and the course mapped out.  So far it is incredibly accurate when I've compared it to my Garmin device.  And its totally free.

Here is an example from a small, local race I did today...

http://www.strava.com/segments/dan-harris-short-course-sup-paddle-1302241

I have e-mailed them and asked them to consider adding a paddling/rowing option, they said they are working on it.
Kialoa Paddles
Fibre Glas Fin Co
OnIt! Pro
Monster And Sea Clothing

greatdane

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Paddle Surf Northwest
    • Email
Re: Anybody else using Strava?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 04:44:36 PM »
One of the funny things about using a cycling app, is that it computes your power in watts, so today I used a whopping 16W (-:  Because the program thinks I rode a bike 3.6 miles in 37 minutes  :D
Kialoa Paddles
Fibre Glas Fin Co
OnIt! Pro
Monster And Sea Clothing

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody else using Strava?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 07:13:25 AM »
Sad truth is we don't make all that many watts, though you probably used 16W just on paddle recovery. Bikes are efficient.

My goofy looking recumbent trike gets a lot of disdainful glances from the serious lycra crowd--especially since I ride it in street clothes with music playing over a little portable speaker in my pack. Then I blow by them going up a grade. They can't see the battery tray or the motor under the seat. 1200 watts baby. Take THAT Lance.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal