Author Topic: Zoners Reunion.  (Read 17126 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Zoners Reunion.
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2012, 10:35:56 PM »
Have to start saving pennies. If it's Maui I have Bob's room... ;D
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2012, 11:50:58 PM »
If people want reliable waves, the best location is obvious--Edmonton Mall.

jdmotes

• JD Motes
  • Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 04:31:19 AM »
 Caribsurf's place would be an excellent adventure that even the wives would enjoy. Wait a minute; Is this a 'guy's trip ONLY'???                    Paddle on,          JD
JD Motes/Water Bound Sports LLC
Florida; Ga; S.C; Sales Rep for:
Progressive SUP
Exocet SUP
Kona SUP
Epic Gear SUP Paddles and Accessories
Ke Nalu Precision SUP Paddles

Boludo

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 06:23:02 AM »
Have to start saving pennies. If it's Maui I have Bob's room... ;D

And I call Bill's Ferrari.

Caribsurf, that's very nice of you to extend the invitation. I'd definitely be up for that as the location.

How about Costa Rica?   Is there a reason to rule that out?

Caribsurf

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 09:05:59 AM »
Sure thing Boludo, I have been trying to get friends o come down for years and only a handful have made the trek.  I will say it isn't the easiest place to get to and getting a SUP to these islands challenging due to the fact that the regional airlines are small .   I have 3 SUPs 4 surfboards and 3 windsurfers down here and shipped them all in over the years. 

It's worth the trouble as there are some very good SUP breaks and some of the loveliest flat water paddling anywhere.  We are about 100 miles southwest of Barbados most trips here go through Barbados so that's a fun place to start with plenty of good surf and many breaks, crowded though at times.

The one negative would be the trade winds in winter which can be quite strong, but great fr windsurfing and there are some good protected surf breaks. I posted a couple videos on YouTube. If you search Caribbean stand up paddle surfing. caribsurfDon are my videos
Hobie Raw 8'10"
Jimmy Lewis Kwad 8'7"
Naish Hover 95 liter 5'7"
F-One Rocket foil board 5'5" 90 liters
Fanatic Aero 1250, 1500, 1750 HA foils
CabrinhaMantis 3.5, 4m 5m. F-One Strike 7m CWC
Hobie 14' race board

Boludo

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 05:37:19 PM »
Caribsurf,  Never been to your side of the water but sure sounds tempting.

So I think between PonoBill, StrandLeper, and PDXMike we'd be covered with paddles, boards, and comedy night. ;D

sup_surf_giant

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 06:06:19 PM »
Tavarua or anywhere in Fiji sounds good to me!
Taller than most, shorter than others.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 06:55:08 PM »
Caribsurf's place would be an excellent adventure that even the wives would enjoy. Wait a minute; Is this a 'guy's trip ONLY'???                    Paddle on,          JD
Not so fast, JD.  Remember that there are some women zoners out there too--probably quite a tough or at least laid back group to hang out here.

Speaking of husbands and wives, I know a couple that paddles together all the time.   I usually see him first, then her drafting right behind him.  A couple days ago I was out paddling and saw him, but not her.  I looked back and saw her a couple hundred yards behind in the water.  I said:

Me:  "Hey, Frank! (not his real name).  Did you know Jan's in the water way back there?  She must have fallen about 5 minutes ago."

Frank:  "Really?  What a relief!  I was afraid I'd gone deaf!"

jdmotes

• JD Motes
  • Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 08:14:56 PM »
Not so fast, JD.  Remember that there are some women zoners out there too--probably quite a tough or at least laid back group to hang out here.

Speaking of husbands and wives, I know a couple that paddles together all the time.   I usually see him first, then her drafting right behind him.  A couple days ago I was out paddling and saw him, but not her.  I looked back and saw her a couple hundred yards behind in the water.  I said:

Me:  "Hey, Frank! (not his real name).  Did you know Jan's in the water way back there?  She must have fallen about 5 minutes ago."

Frank:  "Really?  What a relief!  I was afraid I'd gone deaf!"

Toooooo funny, Mikey...    ;D ;D ;D ;D                      Paddle on, JD
JD Motes/Water Bound Sports LLC
Florida; Ga; S.C; Sales Rep for:
Progressive SUP
Exocet SUP
Kona SUP
Epic Gear SUP Paddles and Accessories
Ke Nalu Precision SUP Paddles

bootesta

• Rincon Status
    • MSN Messenger - Dr.loritesta@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 05:56:39 AM »
Hey Mike, thanks for remembering the gals :) Let's do it late June or early July,  I'll be in Kauai and would love to island hop to Maui to meet everyone. 
Starboard 7’4 Airborne carbon
Starboard 7’1 Pro carbon

endlessfight

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 07:20:31 AM »
we'll do it at my place next year. i'm going to be opening a stand up surf focused camp in nicaragua in 2013. pretty easy and cheap to get to from the US with a few airports now offering direct flights (FL, TX, etc.)
there will be many boards so no need to haul your own down unless you perfer riding your own stick.
located on the sand directly on a great break and in a national park with an estuary system behind for flat water and nature touring. oh yeah, and there will be a special discount rate for fellow stand up zoners.  ;) stoked!

dropinh2o

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 07:32:46 AM »
EndlessFight,

that is awsome you are opening up your own SUP surf camp in Nicaragua. hope to hook up with you for a paddle in K-Town some time this season and hear more about this camp.

endlessfight

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 08:01:05 AM »
^ thanks man. it's been a dream of mine to do this for the last couple years now. I already have the land; now it's time to make it happen and start construction. i've been holding back from really mentioning it much on here, but as the time gets closer then why not get the word out. with SUP taking off i think a SUP focused camp in a typical surf camp fashion will go over well (not a dump, but also not something that is gonna cost you a couple grand for a week). nica is so cheap and easy to get too from the US and Canada it'll be a great way to go down for some warm tropical EMPTY waves at a great price.

Kin is forecasting 10ft waves tomorrow. might be blown out but who knows, gonna be good! board is already on the roof of my truck :D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:09:29 AM by endlessfight »

freetobeme

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 09:12:52 AM »
endlessfight,

sounds rad.  i am headed to central america next year for some sup…destination unkown at this point.  wife used to live in CR and ive never been so its intriguing but if your place is up & running it will def be on my list.  best of luck on your adventures!!!
"Everything you want is on the other side of fear" - George Addair

CoreVac Cannibal BOMB 8'8

supthecreek

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 09:32:49 AM »
Endless
Please forward me a job application form... ;D
My daughter graduates from High School in two months.... I am free to leave.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal