Author Topic: Zoners Reunion.  (Read 17129 times)

Boludo

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Zoners Reunion.
« on: April 21, 2012, 07:50:14 AM »
So after reading SoCalSupper's post in travel and after spending too much time looking at cool pictures from Costa Rica, Nicaragua, etc..., the idea hit me like a freight train.  How fun would it be to have a Stand Up Zone reunion at an incredible place?  Such a great group of people on the zone that it would just be a blast to hit a sweet Surf spot and also cool scenic cruising.  I'm sure we could get some nice group discounts and giving it enough time in advance, those of us that need to save up a bit will have some time to do so.
What do you all think?

SUPerstitious

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Zoners Reunion.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 11:16:53 AM »
When, where and how much?

I'd be interested and would love to attend.
I'm gettin' funny dreams again and again
I know what it means, but …

PaddleCrazy

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 11:18:58 AM »
I think we're just going to relocate the crowds from Dpatch and parts all over......to turn a quiet, peaceful, uncrowded surf spot into this...... 

But hell, count me in!!!! 

;D ;D

PilonSUP

• Peahi Status
  • Southern zone Costa Rica, Pavones
    • View Profile
    • Costa Rica Stand Up Paddle Boarding
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 03:11:45 PM »
Lose my # :D

crtraveler

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 04:16:28 PM »
Pilon....you're the first person I thought of ;D ;D
Naish Mana 10' (currently water-logged in Costa Rica)
Fanatic Allwave 9'2"
Naish Glide 14'
Jamie Mitchell LK 12'6"
KeNalu Maliko + Wiki (soon)

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 04:17:39 PM »
I say Tavarua.
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 05:36:00 PM »
Interesting....I'm in If my wife agrees

Jimk
www.extremewindsurfing.com

Big Ed

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 06:20:42 PM »
I like the idea! we also have the de facto Friday and Monday of BOP weekend at Dog Patch

Boludo

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 06:21:25 PM »
I say Tavarua.

Never heard of Tavarua but I already like it cuz I've never heard of it and it sounds exotic.

soulpaddler

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 06:32:50 PM »
Google it, and then come back here and let us know when your tickets are coming. ;D

kneecap

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 07:20:17 PM »
I'd be dead before the word "Tavarua" was even out of my mouth!i The wife and I have been planning on making that trip since we got married, and now we're waiting for the crumb crunchers to be old enough to stay with the gramps for a couple weeks without us (probably 18 in my wife's eyes!).

I love the idea of a Zone trip. I was talking to Big Ed about the group site at Jalama today for a close to home trip. For such an event, you'd really want a place with a huge line up so we could spread out. Chicama could work, Cardon in Mex, never been to Pilon but spending money toward a fellow Zoner while taking a Zone trip sounds cool.

Of course Tim would pick Tavy, that new 8'8" is just begging for a 10' screaming left!

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 07:52:35 PM »
While I'd like to try someplace new, I'd have to say that Maui is the logical place. Lot of places to surf, and the potential for Maliko runs.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 08:08:34 PM »
Chris,

Really, there is a left at Tavi???  :o

Bills probably right though.  Maui has lots of options and is pretty easy to get in and out of... And I have been trying to get back there for awhile.

Big Ed is right too... BOP is de facto "gathering of the zone."

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

Caribsurf

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 08:50:05 PM »
I'd love to play host to a bunch of you guys in St.Vincent & the Grenadines in the West Indies.  I SUP, surf and windsurf these islands alone and would love to show off this part of the Caribbean.  My good friend owns a yacht charter business which would be the best way to explore the islands and numerous reef breaks and I know he would extend a discount.  I invited Clay and the guys from Standup Journal and I hope they take me up on my offer, this place is magical.

Hobie Raw 8'10"
Jimmy Lewis Kwad 8'7"
Naish Hover 95 liter 5'7"
F-One Rocket foil board 5'5" 90 liters
Fanatic Aero 1250, 1500, 1750 HA foils
CabrinhaMantis 3.5, 4m 5m. F-One Strike 7m CWC
Hobie 14' race board

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 10:22:42 PM »
Why is Maui logical?

Because of access, air fares, equipment availability and wide range of potential SUP activities ... and also because I'm already here.

Have you guys ever drunk Kava?  Tastes like dirty dishwater, puts you into this weird catatonic state and inevitably  you will get roped into drinking it if you go to Fiji... to be polite.

Fiji can be awesome but it can also have flat spells for two weeks... then it's fishing and tall tales.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal