Author Topic: Jeremy flying!  (Read 7889 times)

Takeo

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Takeo Gyotaku - "Fish Prints With Aloha"
    • Email
Jeremy flying!
« on: April 20, 2012, 11:50:35 PM »
Jeremy, hope you don't mind but your video is just too good not to share! Jeremy got more videos on his website, paddlewithriggs.com

S.I.C. Downwind Footwork Video

Six Feet and Glassy

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • SixFeetandGlassy
    • Email
Re: Jeremy flying!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 02:16:30 AM »
Pure Artistry.  Footwork, rudderwork...Glidework.  

My new favorite downwind video.  Hands down.

Applause applause applause.   ;D ;D ;D
Ken

Six Feet and Glassy

LaPerouseBay

• Teahupoo Status
  • downwind dilettante
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 09:55:08 AM »
Very cool video.  I like the view of the pedal action.  It's very evident how much his rudder steers the board. 

I'll try to get a picture of his board for the zoners.  It's somewhere between 17 and 17-6 and about 24 inches wide.  As you can imagine, its very sleek looking. 

No pad, just wax.  He likes to hang his feet over the side of the board so a pad transition is distracting.   

The custom cover for the pedal allows him to stand on more of the board.  Only the part under your toes is visible.  Very nice idea. 

The board looks very sleek in person.  The last 3 feet of the board is extremely narrow, similar to an oc-1.   
Support your local shaper

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 11:31:42 AM »
Here are some pics.  Looks like a beaut. 

balance_fit

• Peahi Status
  • Simple, not easy.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 12:31:34 PM »
24 inches for downwind paddling in those conditions ! Jeremy is a master and the Force is with him...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:57:44 PM by balance_fit »
Bic Wing 11' x 29"
Bark Commander 12' x 20" 
Walden Magic 10'
Other tools for mental and physical sanity not mentioned

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 02:03:11 PM »
The rudder pedal is a preview of the future--I expect Mark will be doing this with all his boards sooner or later. It's a nice setup.

I saw the board up at Mark's while it was being built, saked Mark who it was for and then immediately answered my own question.

It's surprising how good Jeremy is at teaching what he's doing. It's NOT just that he's an alien lifeform. There really is a technique as well.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

balance_fit

• Peahi Status
  • Simple, not easy.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 08:29:23 PM »
The rudder pedal is a preview of the future--I expect Mark will be doing this with all his boards sooner or later. It's a nice setup.

I saw the board up at Mark's while it was being built, saked Mark who it was for and then immediately answered my own question.

It's surprising how good Jeremy is at teaching what he's doing. It's NOT just that he's an alien lifeform. There really is a technique as well.

I need to learn the ways of the Force...really, that sup looks like a surfski. No wonder he gets the speeds i saw on his website. Excellent technique. I would have a hard time paddling such a shape, even in the flats....
Bic Wing 11' x 29"
Bark Commander 12' x 20" 
Walden Magic 10'
Other tools for mental and physical sanity not mentioned

1paddle2paddle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 09:03:51 PM »
He has impressive balance.  Even still you could see the tipsiness of the board.  It is something that he can look so casual riding that narrow of a board.

I assume we will soon see video of Connor doing the Maliko on the 25" wide ACE 25" and blow everyone's minds.  If you could stay up on it the glides would be incredible.

J.Riggs

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 10:57:13 PM »
Thanks everyone, and thanks to Takeo for posting. I've been meaning to upload it, but just haven't gotten around to it. I've been playing with a few different camera mounts, just to show the magic that Maliko has to offer. I have been enjoying Maliko for years, and there are plenty of guys out there going just as fast and even faster. Anyone can enjoy this run on any kind of watercraft.

For this video; I had a Go Pro 2 suction cupped to the front of the board, with a noodle for a float. I got bucked off the board several times when it would pearl, where normally the nose would pop right back up. The wind was gusting to 35 mph. The swell was down, there were a lot of long glides and fast times on this particular day.

There are a few really fun races coming up here on Maui. Hope some of you zoners can make it!

For those interested in more videos, visit paddlewithriggs.com.

-Jeremy

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 11:10:07 PM »
Thanks.. That was great.. I finally just got to watch it because it would not play on my iPad?

At last we are seeing some improvement with the rudder/steering system.. Great looking board.. Does the bottom have concaves?

You make it look easy Jeremy..  ;D

DJ

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 06:46:13 AM »
Amazing. I wonder how fast two of them strapped together would work because thats what I'd need.

That 1st pic looks like it's waiting for a countdown....

....T minus 30 seconds

....We have main engine start.

Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 06:58:02 AM »

Can we claim the recessed pedal as Zone group-think intellectual property?  http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=7543.0

Stoked to see Jeremy's program.  As you have said (and maybe contrary to how it looks) he thinks about / trains / refines his technique all the time.

LaPerouseBay

• Teahupoo Status
  • downwind dilettante
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 10:53:51 AM »

I love it when the thong T lifts up over the Low Rise jeans. Classy... Too bad that low rise is on it's way out in trend setting NYC. One more thing to be missed along with mullets and acid wash.

Support your local shaper

ericspin

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 05:25:33 PM »

I love it when the thong T lifts up over the Low Rise jeans. Classy... Too bad that low rise is on it's way out in trend setting NYC. One more thing to be missed along with mullets and acid wash.

LPB, always love your ski vids but, DAYUM, this is the best pic you EVER posted. Too bad it wasn't video as well. Some 1080 GoPro footage of that would be killer. Thanks.

J.Riggs

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 11:23:03 PM »
Thanks.. That was great.. I finally just got to watch it because it would not play on my iPad?

At last we are seeing some improvement with the rudder/steering system.. Great looking board.. Does the bottom have concaves?

You make it look easy Jeremy..  ;D

DJ

Hey DJ,

The bottom has single concave in the front and doubles out the back; hard rails going up 2/3 the board from the tail, and less v than the original Bullet to help with the stability.

-Jeremy

* Recent Posts

post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 16, 2024, 12:40:25 AM
post SIC Raptor Foil and Board For Sale
[Classifieds]
addapost
April 15, 2024, 04:25:26 PM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 15, 2024, 02:40:38 PM
[SUP General]
Dusk Patrol
April 15, 2024, 01:37:51 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal