Author Topic: round two  (Read 1964 times)

surf monkey

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
round two
« on: April 07, 2012, 06:23:41 PM »
In January i had surfer's ear surgery, out of the water for a month then the doc gave me a month to surf and then frickin frackin just had the other ear done a couple of days ago another month out of the water, all i have to say is it is no fun take care of your ears in the cold water.

Here is the post from the last time, Of coarse the surf looked fun that last couple of days.

http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=14546.0

soulpaddler

Re: round two
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 08:29:20 PM »
Bummer man!!!! Get well soon.

surf monkey

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 08:52:11 PM »
Hey thanks more uncomfortable than pain.

I have a bunch of stuff that i always put off to surf the plan is to get some stuff done. Kids are out of school for two weeks and I am off work for two weeks so some family time.

kneecap

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Re: round two
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 08:54:21 PM »
Doing mine on Tuesday and not all that stoked either! I decided to bookend it with a couple Mohs procedures for skin cancer so it's going to be a fun week! So ear plugs AND sunscreen everybody. Take care Monkey.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

surf monkey

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 09:33:28 AM »
Hey good luck Kneecap

It's one of those surgery's your going in feeling fine and you come out jacked up. Hard to get excited about it. then out of the water for a month.

I'm 5 days into my second one it was not as bad as the first. They cut the back of my ear to get in there for mine, wish they went into the ear canal.

Tips, that helped me the second time.

Surf / swim play the day before, the morning of surgery take a nice hot shower it will be a couple of days before the next.

What I did not expect, was how much my jaw below the ear was going to hurt after. My first ear more than the second. Hurts to eat, so get some smoothies and soft food.

Also get a bag of cotton balls to put in your ear after, vaseline to mix with cotton for ear plug when you start taking showers, I use a knit hat to protect it all when sleeping and out.

You can't eat from midnight before your surgery, so the day before i treated it like a race drank a bunch of water and had a big pasta dinner. couple of beers ;D

My surgery was at 11am took two hours then recovery time, my first time they gave me way to much pain killer and almost had to stay the night got out at 8-9pm, the second had about 2-3 hour recovery got out 4 ish. didn't expect to feel so out of it and stay so long.  On the way home a mcdonald's chocolate shake sure tasted good.

The next day just kinda out of it and some pain. I just use the pain killer to sleep then mostly uncomfortable, not to much pain, You have your ear packed with stuff for about a week and that kinda drives me crazy.

I was one happy fool leaving the hospital knowing both ears were done and not coming back good luck dude.

On a funny note, during recovery my family left for a walk I woke up, nurse gave me my phone my first message was a buddy wanting to go surf. sent him a picture of me in a ear cone. He had borrowed a board and paddle from me, so the next day he called to see how i was, let me know i missed some good surf and he broke my paddle. Go figure.

Again good luck

kneecap

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Re: round two
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 11:15:23 AM »
Thanks Monkey! Unfortunately I'm an old hand at this. Sixth of these surgeries for me! Luckily I've always done great with anesthesia and In n Out is right around the corner! Get well brother. Sucks to be sitting here waiting for stitches when the waves looked fun this morning. Stoked rain is coming!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

surf monkey

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 11:37:41 AM »
Just back from the beach the waves are killer.

Six times???  ouch

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
Today at 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 16, 2024, 12:40:25 AM
post SIC Raptor Foil and Board For Sale
[Classifieds]
addapost
April 15, 2024, 04:25:26 PM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 15, 2024, 02:40:38 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal