Author Topic: HOT Chicks on Stand Up Paddle Boards!  (Read 1181011 times)

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: HOT Chicks on Stand Up Paddle Boards!
« Reply #1605 on: May 20, 2018, 09:04:09 PM »
Try to focus on the paddle, guys. :P It's there - I swear!
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #1606 on: June 07, 2018, 11:18:46 PM »
Brave but not bright. Beautiful though. I swear that's also her w/the yellow board from an old YouTube video trying to surf a standing wave. I think she was in Canada.
I saw her in this video on facebook failing and put together a composite of images for us!  :P 8)

https://www.facebook.com/VSbyHowlers/videos/1972364426130411/
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 11:37:21 PM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: June 08, 2018, 04:02:47 PM »
I started SUP old enough to remember vividly my first couple of times.  These guys/gals in the video don't really look any worse than I was.  I couldn't stay out more than ten or fifteen minutes a session for a while. Falling in the  water felt like an LSD trip.  I like the brat making waves with his SUP on purpose to knock the older lady off.

I remember when I finally went out on the ocean on my inflatable, standing up only once in a while but mostly on my knees.  I saw this enormously heavy lady kneeling on a SUP.  She had these spindly legs, and wore one of those tent bathing suits with little frills and dress.  She stood right up with perfect balance and paddled away.  I couldn't keep up with her.  She really pissed me off.

She didn't piss me off, though, as much as the eight months pregnant lady when I was practicing in the harbor, wearing her pregnant clothes and balancing perfectly.  I couldn't keep up with her, either, and I wanted to push her off her board.

I could really show them a thing or two, now, though!

2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1608 on: June 08, 2018, 04:36:43 PM »

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #1609 on: June 09, 2018, 07:20:52 AM »
These guys/gals in the video don't really look any worse than I was.  I couldn't stay out more than ten or fifteen minutes a session for a while. I could really show them a thing or two, now, though!
Thanx for the history of your entrance into sup. Sounds like it was frustrating.

One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: June 09, 2018, 12:30:25 PM »
These guys/gals in the video don't really look any worse than I was.  I couldn't stay out more than ten or fifteen minutes a session for a while. I could really show them a thing or two, now, though!
Thanx for the history of your entrance into sup. Sounds like it was frustrating.

Maybe a bit, but it was also amazing, I was hooked.  Just the fact that I could make progress was incredible to me.

The first few times my neighbor took me out.  He is a navy veteran, and cussed me out for being a spastic, floundering land whale when I was trying to stay up and paddle.  He confessed to me later he had thought I was pathetic and would never stick with it.

Now, he takes credit for my progress and tells people he is proud of me.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 12:37:28 PM by SUPcheat »
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: June 16, 2018, 08:33:38 AM »
Surfercook, that video was so funny!  Both times I’ve fallen it’s been off the back.  I found myself wanting those people to be in deeper water and further away from docks, though!  I loved the one with the woman at the yoga class....just building and building and then.....splash!

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #1612 on: June 16, 2018, 09:35:12 PM »
I found myself wanting those people to be in deeper water and further away from docks, though!
Most of those people have no business on a sup! I aways tell people new to sup that it's a pretty specific skill set to do it. Some people just will never get it. Granny was doing really good, but some one needs to tell her the paddle is backwards!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 09:39:46 PM by surfercook »

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: June 17, 2018, 08:28:44 AM »
I found myself wanting those people to be in deeper water and further away from docks, though!
Most of those people have no business on a sup! I aways tell people new to sup that it's a pretty specific skill set to do it. Some people just will never get it. Granny was doing really good, but some one needs to tell her the paddle is backwards!

I think they need to keep trying.  Fall off, don’t give up, and eventually they’ll get it.   Then , have fun!

SeldomScene

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: June 17, 2018, 06:24:04 PM »

I am embarrassed for surfer kook.  Looked him up.  He’s not far behind that lady in age.  Reminds of the local here who mocked Christians because they couldn’t make a surfski paddle on Easter.  Why don’t you try a real skill sport, like surfski or kiteboarding, kook?

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #1615 on: June 17, 2018, 08:06:08 PM »
I am embarrassed for surfer kook.  Looked him up.  He’s not far behind that lady in age.  Reminds of the local here who mocked Christians because they couldn’t make a surfski paddle on Easter.  Why don’t you try a real skill sport, like surfski or kiteboarding, kook?
I did come off pretty bad and actually regretted saying that after I posted. Kook move. I usually applaud any effort to try challenging tasks. But it is painful watching those people trying to navigate a sup. Especially that lady that almost impaled on the steel pole and steel dock.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: June 17, 2018, 09:20:12 PM »
In all my years of doing this, I still see people trying SUP that I think "Oh please, try a kayak". Some fool me, and actually learn to paddle. But when you see a combination of poor fitness, no knowledge or training, and no coordination on a SUP board it just might not be the right sport. Especially when they seem to have no survival instinct and are headed for the middle of a mile wide, placid-looking but quite treacherous river with a lifejacket tied to the nose and no leash.

Before you bitch at Sufercook, Seldom, you might note that neither Granny, nor dock lady have any safety gear to go along with their clear lack of skill or experience. None of us would set foot on a board like that--even in a pond. How many of the people in the video have any safety gear? Ten percent?

If you say something to them they just get angry at you. Even if it's just "turn the paddle around" never mind "you should either have a leash or wear that PFD" which will at least get you a scowl, and more likely "mind your own fucking business". There were probably 100+ people out on SUP boards at the event center and Nichols basin this afternoon. Damned few of them wearing a leash or PFD. Big Winds--who rent the majority of boards, supplies a PFD and leash with every board and instructs people to wear them and how to paddle the board. Few do--the leash is generally trailing in the water, the PFD is on the beach or on the nose of the board.

I was walking Zack, our dog, and spotted Rod Parmenter getting ready to be towed on his foil to practice pumping--he's got it dialed--so I walked down to the water. I saw his kids were hanging out a SUP--both wearing PFDs. While I was standing there Burchas and Russel Peart paddled up to chat--probably the only two expert paddlers in the water of the hundred in sight--both wearing leashes and PFDs. What's wrong with this picture?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 10:00:27 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: June 17, 2018, 09:58:11 PM »
"Chicks" not grannys please.  :P
It takes a quiver to do that.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: June 17, 2018, 11:44:15 PM »
She didn't piss me off, though, as much as the eight months pregnant lady when I was practicing in the harbor, wearing her pregnant clothes and balancing perfectly.  I couldn't keep up with her, either, and I wanted to push her off her board.
That is so unfair.  Once I gave a female swimming teammate a hard time because I finally beat her in a race, only to have her tell me she was pregnant.  So I told her, "So, two against one and I still beat you".

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: June 18, 2018, 06:08:11 AM »
"Chicks" not grannys please.  :P

Grannies can be hot!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal