Author Topic: any primal's here doing jack kruse's leptin reset?  (Read 1832 times)

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
any primal's here doing jack kruse's leptin reset?
« on: February 28, 2012, 03:01:21 AM »
i first read about it on mark's daily apple -- one thread has 1933 *pages*!!!! -- devoted to it, and then on kruse's own site.  i don't really understand it but it seems like it's an extreme version of paleo done for a limited time.  anyone here have any experience or understanding of it?

i had a small exchange w/ kruse about an illness i have.  he wrote, "I bet your DHEA level is horrible to because it means the process of autophagy is broken in you. It means your sleep is bad and you cant make BDNF and NGF so the inflammation is destroying your nerves. You need to eat a very ketogenic paleolithic diet with lots of coconut oil, fish, seafood, and lots of 99% chocolate."  i tried looking up BDNF and NGF and couldn't make heads or tails of what he's talking about.  Can anyone here translate?  thanks!

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: any primal's here doing jack kruse's leptin reset?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 01:59:37 PM »
BDNF is brain-derived neurotrophic factor, a genetically assembled protein that makes neurons work better. Cuts noise and increases voltage in the neurons. Exercise, particularly short, intense exercise increases BDNF levels.

NGF is a family of proteins called nerve growth factor. It's a favorite protein for biochem students to model because it's absurdly compact and twisty. If you really couldn't make NGF you'd be dead, so I assume he's saying you need more.

Both are available as supplements I think.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal