Author Topic: could do with some advice on a new board  (Read 2922 times)

ThierrySUP

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
could do with some advice on a new board
« on: February 25, 2012, 03:19:23 PM »
Hi all new to the forum and  could do with some advice on a new board.
I'm looking at either the fanatic fly race carbon 14 or the flatwater version and the Morrelli and Melvin 14 leaning towards the flatwater.
I am going to be mostly on inland waterways but will venture out to the ocean every so often, also the waterways get choppy and I'm wondering if the fanatic flatwater would manage or be useless at sea. I wont be surfing at all.
oh and I'm 5"11 200lbs if that matters, hope someone's tried them,
Thanks

jdmotes

• JD Motes
  • Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: could do with some advice on a new board
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 05:50:32 AM »
 Are you in Florida? If so, you have the Exocet distributor in Daytona...
 Cobra manufactured Exocet was late to the SUP game (they are one the largest builders of windsurfers in the world) but former PWA Wave Champ Patrice Belbeoch has done his homework and introduced a sup line that addresses performance and value... I rep the line from the Melbourne area north to Charleston SC and live in Ponte Vedra Beach. If you are close to me, PM me for a demo of the "Edge" Race series which is available in 12'6, 14' and 17'... The 12'6 (in AST) retails at on $1299 and the 14' is around $1350... Specs and pics at: www.exocet-original.com... Paddle on,              JD
JD Motes/Water Bound Sports LLC
Florida; Ga; S.C; Sales Rep for:
Progressive SUP
Exocet SUP
Kona SUP
Epic Gear SUP Paddles and Accessories
Ke Nalu Precision SUP Paddles

ThierrySUP

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 01:24:58 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm mainly looking at the fanatics or M&M and haven't heard much about the Exocet's.

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 08:27:19 AM »
Since you are in ENGLAND (not Florida.) I've used both boards you are talking about and they are both FLATWATER SPEEDSTERS. At your size however the Fanatic is the way to go The M&M is fast but bogs down due to its limited volume for bigger (200# guys and up)

You will love the Fanatic...Yes I sell both but NOT in England you have distr. and retailers there

Good Luck and have FUN!

JimK
www.extremewindsurfing.com

ThierrySUP

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 11:29:44 AM »
Thanks for the great response, I was wondering if the M&M would be buoyant enough.
I'll be in florida in a week and counting  down the days, warm weather. ;D

thanks again

Old School

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 04:02:29 PM »
Thierry - I'm in Vero Beach, and get down to Stuart regularly for business.  Once you're stateside, if you ever want a paddling partner, give me a shout.

supuk

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 04:50:21 PM »
i have booth fanatic 14's if you would like to try them for yourself. im located near brighton but go up and down the coast occasionally. your more than welcome give them booth a paddle on the river and on the sea just drop me a message if you would like to.

ThierrySUP

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 07:53:38 PM »
I might take you up on that old school as I don't know anyone that paddleboards over there  and I could easily drive up to Vero.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal