Author Topic: SouthPoint Bonga Perkins 10' SUP and paddle  (Read 12970 times)

DaddyDog

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
SouthPoint Bonga Perkins 10' SUP and paddle
« on: July 14, 2007, 01:24:40 PM »
Anyone know when these pigs are due to arrive.  I've gone to the GSI rep here on Maui a few weeks ago, and put an order in.  Full disclose is that (as before) I'm a complete kook both to surfing and SUP.   We have the 9'1" Bong Perkins/ Schaper SouthPoint in our quiver and based on how forgiving, durable and quick to paddle and turn (at least for me)  I'm jazzed to get my hands on and willing to wait for the SouthPoint SUP.   The best part in my mind is the prie point: $1099 including paddle, now that gets us where we need to be in terms of market crazyness. 
http://www.globalsurfindustries.com/products/southpointTimpone_sup.php

Love and respect to all,
DD

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: SouthPoint Bonga Perkins 10' SUP and paddle
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 08:04:23 PM »
Thanks for the link.  I cruised it and found this one as well http://www.globalsurfindustries.com/products/southpointCschaper_sup.php.  Step deck and rails sound pretty fierce!  They work well in other sports: kayaks, surfskis, wakeboards and sailboards.

Laters

DaddyDog

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 05:43:31 PM »
I just talked to the ditributor on this and they still haven't left Thailand/Vietnam.  I'll keep you all updated.

SALES-Hawaii
Bruce Hansen
Email: buzz@surfindustries.com
Phone: 808.572.0009
Neighbor island toll free: 877.572.0009
Fax: 808.572.0014

DaddyDog

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 05:15:26 PM »
Delayed again, here in mid Oct.

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 05:22:36 PM »
By October I'm going to be paddling Chantalle's 8'6, and she will be paddling on a body board :).

Any time you want to go for a spin, we have extra gear in the van.  Just bring a pig sandwich.

Rand

PS:  As for Gorge water quality, the poop takes second seat to the Hanford seepage.  Check my glow when I get home.

DaddyDog

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 09:09:30 PM »
YUP, things are changing so quickly time to market is going to be a big issue.  Dog meat sandwhich on the way. 

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 12:55:12 AM »
I didn't even know they are coming out with one.

Does anyone know if they are as heavy as their longboards used to be? Or have they updated the technology? (I had one 4 years ago)...that said some of the other bonge perkin board from surftech is really nice shapes though..

a.

DaddyDog

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 11:51:45 PM »
Saw them today in the shop.   The step down rail is pretty weird, not the slam dunk I thought it was going to be.  Price was $1199, but I found some guys who will work with me a little thankfully who will get it down to my 'expectation'?   Not as sure as I was before I got my Kazuma.   More later.

nevOZ

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 04:16:58 AM »
I have had the 11'6" southpoint SUP for a few weeks and find it a great board. I put some smaller fins on to free it up abit and am very happy with the way it surfs for such a massive board. The recessed deck pad is a nice touch and the quality seems good (like just about everything its out of the cobra factory). The carbon paddle seems good but maybe a fair bit heaver then the C4 ones. The board compared well to the others I tried, Nash, JL 11' and a couple of customs and for me was the best value for money.

I have seen the Bongo model but have not surfed it. It would be more of a dedicated wave rider then the 11' 6".

DaddyDog

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 12:52:43 PM »
This helps a bunch.  I was told MSRP was $1249, but GSI.  One shop here is selling them for $1199.   I hope to get a new one for the original $1099, including the paddle.   Price was the same for both the Kalama and the Bonga.   

iker

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »
Are these boards available in the U.S. yet ? Our local surf shop said not till November.Any info would be appreciated.

DaddyDog

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 10:38:31 PM »
There have been 6 here in Maui, all sold, one in the rental trade.  I surfed a single wave on one, but have opted out for a second custom board from Kazuma.  I'll be writing a review on my 9'4" shortly. 

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal