Author Topic: PSH 9'3"  (Read 6545 times)

ECSUP

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
PSH 9'3"
« on: June 03, 2008, 07:50:33 AM »
I just got my PSH 9"3" BOARD AND IT IS AWESOME. Only had a chance to get on it once ,yesterday, dawn patrol thigh and clean, and boy is that board fun, got some great rides. Also I just want thank Austin and everyone at PSH for being so terrific. Blane, the design of the board is really outstanding (imho, I've only been SUPing for a year), Austin, thanks so much for all your help,interest and follow through, and thank you for packing the board so well for the long trip from Hawaii to Massachusetts. Imho, PSH boards are an amazing product and their service is incredible.
ECSUP

Byronmaui

Re: PSH 9'3"
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 12:18:17 PM »
Post pics......

Aloha

Byron

ECSUP

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 01:33:41 PM »
Hey Byronmaui-
I would post pics but I am the most technologically spastic incompetent human on the planet Earth. It has a white deck,yellow rails and bottom and a black/white flecked deckpad. Like many people I started with a Laird 12'1", then got a c4 10'6" ( which I really like a lot) and now the PSH, which is really awesome.
Sorry about the pics, I'll join the 21st century someday.
ECSUP

rocadura

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 02:26:25 PM »

HI MAN. WOULD BE GOOD TO HEAR WHATS YOUR WEIGHT SIZE SKILLS...
TELL YOUR WIFES MOTHER TO POST THE PICS FOR YOU. THANKS BRO.HASTALAVISTA

ECSUP

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 05:47:37 AM »
Hey Rocadura-
I have been surfing for 20 years and SUPing for a little over a year. I have SUPed in overhead waves but most of the time is in waist to head high surf where I live. I am 6' tall and weigh about 185 lbs. and for the last 7-8 months I have mainly ridden a c4 10'6" which I still really like, but I was amazed at how stable the PSH 9'3"is and how quickly it turns.
I would have my "wife's mother" post some pics, the only problem is my wife doesn't know yet that I got "ANOTHER SUP BOARD". This sport is a disease.

Have fun out there.

ECSUP

Tony DaKine

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 08:04:18 AM »
I'm jealous. Every time I walk in to PSH, I see a couple 9' 3"s sitting there mocking me. I'd get one in a heart beat except for the fact that I'm 220 lbs and the thing wouldn't float me. As is, I bought a 9' 6" for my girlfriend and took it for a spin. The board was super fun and fairly stable considering my ankles were under water half the time but it surfed very well.

gkona

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 08:21:40 AM »
ECSUP,
I can relate to the "disease" statement....I just ordered 2 PSH boards a 9'3 and a 10'6...and I have a garage full of boards already...I'm a junkie! Glad to hear you find the 9'3 pretty stable...I too started on a Laird then I went to a 10 c-4(which I also love) so I think the 9'3 is a logical progression. I tried the 9' c-4 battail swallow and it was pretty tippy and I was almost sinking it. I weigh about 180. Have fun on your new ride!
Gkona

CHill

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Ohana Paddle Sports
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 03:01:00 PM »
ECSUP  congrats on the PSH thats my next purchase think Im going to wait for the 9' 6" ripper to come out . Enjoy yourself !  Chill 

Big Island Mike

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 07:21:22 PM »
I will get mine tomorrow morning. Guess it will be another sleepless night.   ::)

Nate Burgoyne

• Sunset Status
  • 100% Pure Stoke!
    • View Profile
    • Stand Up Paddle Surfing Magazine
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 02:32:05 PM »
I'm jealous. Every time I walk in to PSH, I see a couple 9' 3"s sitting there mocking me. I'd get one in a heart beat except for the fact that I'm 220 lbs and the thing wouldn't float me. As is, I bought a 9' 6" for my girlfriend and took it for a spin. The board was super fun and fairly stable considering my ankles were under water half the time but it surfed very well.
Tony. You might be surprised. I have a glassed 9'4" PSH which is basically the same template as the molded 9'3" Ripper, thus it's a bit heavier and less buoyant. Anyway HaleiwaBill was having a blast on it and he's about 220 right now. He told that when the tax return comes he's getting a 9'3" Ripper.
Founder/Editor: Stand Up Paddle Surfing Magazine
Author/Illustrator: The Stand Up Paddle Book
SUP Instructor: Rainbow Watersports Adventures
Web Design/Marketing: Integrity Online Marketing LLC

Princess

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 03:41:16 PM »
Email one of us the photos and we can post them for you. I would like to see that board.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 12:08:32 PM »
I'll get some some pictures of Mike and his board and post them....no...I'm NOT his wife's mother.... ;D

The wife doesn't know yet Mike? How're you gonna sneak in that distance board then?... ::)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

HaleiwaBill

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 10:48:57 PM »

Hey Tony, like Nate said, I think you might surprised by what you can ride and yes indeed my tax return came yesterday and tonight I have beautiful brand new 9'3 ripper sitting in my living room!

(I cant thank Blane enough for his wonderful customer service!)

I will ride tomorrow and let you guys know how it went

BTW-I started riding waves in January on a 10'6 glassed PSH and weighed 243. I now weigh 213 and hope to lose another 20 lbs in the coming months. However,  based on testing numerous smaller boards (when I wieghed more) I am not worried about how it will float. Once you get the "muscle memory" down it amazing and surprising at how much smaller you can go!

Tony DaKine

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 10:58:45 PM »
Bill - I'll check into it. I'm going to FL for 4 months at the end of Aug and was planning to bring my 10'6" but it would probably be easier to cart around the 9'3"

Good to see guys like you and Stoneaxe have been dropping the lbs. Unfortunately for me I'm heavier after a year of stand up than when I started. It grinds me down so I'm too tired to workout like I used to. I used to workout like a fiend and now I wake up at 4am to surf every chance I get before work and can't muster the energy to do anything else for the rest of the day - except eat!

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 02:20:37 AM »

Good to see guys like you and Stoneaxe have been dropping the lbs. Unfortunately for me I'm heavier after a year of stand up than when I started. It grinds me down so I'm too tired to workout like I used to. I used to workout like a fiend and now I wake up at 4am to surf every chance I get before work and can't muster the energy to do anything else for the rest of the day - except eat!

Wow, finally somebody like me  ;D

The more I SUP surf, the more my ass drags. Just surfed 7 straight days, took 2 off, then back at it again.  Been at it one year now. Lost 3 pounds. Tired all the time, everyday. But loving it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal