Author Topic: Euro Distributors  (Read 3123 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Euro Distributors
« on: February 01, 2012, 08:50:04 AM »
I'm getting inquiries from europeans about Ke Nalu paddles, and I've been sitting on my thumb a bit when it comes to finding european distributors--not sure how to find good ones. I've considered using a freight forwarding outfit like Bongo to get the shipping cost down and just doing it direct, but its still pretty silly expensive.

Anyone out there got any ideas? We've got Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa covered.

We need distributors that have an established dealer network and carry high-end SUP products. I'd love to hear your ideas. PM me, drop me an email at Bill at kenalu dot com or just respond here.

I have no idea what is efficient for Europe. Do we need distributors in each country? Seems like it could just be the Continent and then UK, but I'm clueless.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

gafas

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: Euro Distributors
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 09:48:13 AM »
Brands with established activity in other sports (Naish, Starboard, RRD, Fanatic) usually have a distributor for each country or small group of countries (eg. Spain + Portugal).

SUP specific brands (PSH, Boardworks, Coreban, Quickblade, Kialoa) usually have a distributor for larger regions: UK, North E., South E., East E., with several dealers across the region.

This happens mainly because to become a distributor of a brand one needs to buy a full container of gear, and for small countries like Portugal that's not reasonable.

I think your main targets should be France, UK and Spain. PM if you want some contacts of European companies that supplied me in the past (I owned an online SUP shop in Portugal) and have a broad range of established dealers.

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 10:06:26 AM »
Bill,

This is the distributor for Europe for many of the big windsurf, kite and SUP brands.

http://www.boards-and-more.com/content/

Email me and I'll give you the presidents email. I used to work with North kites, so I know the staff.

Brendon

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 11:41:46 AM »
Uncle Pete has got us covered here in Cape Town South Africa.
Cape Town is the SUPing Capital of Africa.
You ous freezing your bolluks off come pull in. Summer great downwinding and Winter great surf.
Most of the SUPers are really rad and there is usually a great vibe in the water.
I just thought Id do my own bit of punting.
Off to fred the lions.

Brendon

colas

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 12:04:56 PM »
I would second gafas advice, plus I would add to be aware of some pitfalls.
- do not establish your European distributor  in a ... non-european country! I am not kidding, the C4 distributor is in ... switzerland...
- be wary of the currency differences, better choose a main distributor in a country using the Euro.

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 09:31:53 AM »
Bill

In case you did not know Boards and More  design, manufacture some of the biggest brands (that incl paddles) I think giving them a pass might be wise. But if you really want to make a contact. The products mgr is Craig Gurtenbach. I've known Craig for years and be happy to make the intro but I think you would be barking up a tall tree

JimK
www.extremewindsurfing.com

Jeroensurf

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 01:48:28 PM »
I was always thinking his last name was Gertenbach...
I agree with Gafas and Collas: diff country importers work imo the best.

Maybe its a good idea to try to team up with a brand/destributor who is NOT in the Sup bizz with a similar product  but well known in the shops who sell them.
I would think about the importers of brands alike FCS and Dakine.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal