Author Topic: The Space Pickle from Slingshot SUP  (Read 83356 times)

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: The Space Pickle from Slingshot SUP
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2012, 03:12:05 PM »
Aloha, y'all.
Your split mainlander/islander residency is showing.  I'm surprised it hasn't driven you into therapy yet. 

We went to Hawaii once when I was growing up, and when we got back my little brother went up to everyone he knew and greeted them with "HELLOOOOHA!" 

Oops, sorry to hijack this car thread.  Maybe I should be writing about the guy who went to the junk yard and said, "Can I get a gas cap for my Yugo?"....

bean

« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2012, 03:58:13 PM »
No worries, any Fiat cap will fit... ;D

soulpaddler

« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2012, 04:16:17 PM »
this thread gets my vote for "Most likely to be a thread from the Politics or Design category on the surfer mag forum"
Sheesh!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2012, 04:32:38 PM »
pdxmike quote:

Quote from: PonoBill on Today at 02:50:15 PM
Aloha, y'all.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Your split mainlander/islander residency is showing.  I'm surprised it hasn't driven you into therapy yet.  

We went to Hawaii once when I was growing up, and when we got back my little brother went up to everyone he knew and greeted them with "HELLOOOOHA!"  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While I do respect dakine's attempt to standup for the word "aloha", that's a battle that was lost loooong ago, I'm afraid.
My "mainland mentality" is showing.

The last time I was in Maui, I threw a lei into the ocean, knowing it meant I'd be back, if it drifted back to shore, I threw it from the beach, practically guaranteeing my return.  I've yet to make it back.

I also took a chunk of lava home, along with a bitchen chunk of coral, I was told I was just asking for bad luck.
That was about 10 years ago, so far, so good.

But now that I've let the cat out of the bag, I'll probably walk outside only to be taken out by a coconut falling out  of a tree.

I'm doomed  :-\
So if I never post here again, y'all know why.
It takes a quiver to do that.

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2012, 07:07:18 PM »
Careful Weasel, remember what happened to Greg Brady!  Put them back now!  Send them to the "Aloha" gentleman and he will probably know how to properly return them. 

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

supthecreek

« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2012, 08:59:07 PM »
love you guys from Dana Point... you revived me after this "Cliff Notes" version of War & Peace.

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2012, 09:16:32 PM »
PDX,

Solid effort amigo.

Aloha,

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

RL

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: January 27, 2012, 09:52:50 PM »
Mindboggling thread...you can't pay for entertainment like this...aloha.

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2012, 10:19:35 PM »
Back in the early 70's, I had two leash plugs installed on all my boards. I had to wait three years before the leash was invented before I could use them.

;)

colas

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2012, 10:54:16 PM »
Just for the record, the red & white board in JD post is not a "SoCo" but a Drops Furious (Italian brand, shaped by Patrice Guenolé, Gong Shaper, full PVC sandwich produced in tunisia).

It was actually originally a Gong shape, the "Dark Moon" 8'10", with footstraps, in production since 2007, see: http://www.gongsup.com/Schools.html

As for similarities with the Jammer, well, outline is juste one of the characteristics of a board. Rocker, rails, bottom shape is really important too. Gong's Dark Moon / Furious has a deep monoconcave on all board length, so I guess it doesn't feel the same on the water as the Jammer.

As in all human activity, innovation is done mostly by mixing / developing / enhancing ideas of other people. I see the Jammer as an interesting new development, and would gladly try one.

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2012, 05:31:40 AM »
WARDOG,  I must say you are one funny dude.  You've made me laugh many times.  I hope to meet you one of these days (not being sarcastic), just don't expect me to kiss your feet when we meet.
Josh

Aloha Josh,
Humor is a funny thing...joke them if they can't take a fvck...;-)
Let me know when you're passing through...love to talk story...and, don't worry about feet smooching...never been into that toe sucky stuff...;-)
Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2012, 05:45:23 AM »
Just for the record, the red & white board in JD post is not a "SoCo" but a Drops Furious (Italian brand, shaped by Patrice Guenolé, Gong Shaper, full PVC sandwich produced in tunisia).

It was actually originally a Gong shape, the "Dark Moon" 8'10", with footstraps, in production since 2007, see: http://www.gongsup.com/Schools.html

As for similarities with the Jammer, well, outline is juste one of the characteristics of a board. Rocker, rails, bottom shape is really important too. Gong's Dark Moon / Furious has a deep monoconcave on all board length, so I guess it doesn't feel the same on the water as the Jammer.

As in all human activity, innovation is done mostly by mixing / developing / enhancing ideas of other people. I see the Jammer as an interesting new development, and would gladly try one.

Aloha colas,
Patrice does have some interesting shapes...hard to keep up on them all...looks like some have fallen out of favor...but, lots of new ones have taken their place...

You're 100% correct about board design attributes...the bottom shape of the Jammer is more like two twin fins side by side...rather than one big wide tail...you are surfing the board from one side or the other...the volume distribution and teardrop shape kinda acts like a lever arm...really fast, too...we've been going to smaller and smaller fins...which makes it even faster...definitely can't stand there posing like an Egyptian statue with paddle in hand going straight on this board...;-)

WARDOG ®

(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2012, 05:47:39 AM »
Back in the early 70's, I had two leash plugs installed on all my boards. I had to wait three years before the leash was invented before I could use them.

;)

hmmmm...wonder what would have happened if we had installed two mast tracks on our first production boards instead of one?...;-)

WARDOG ®

(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2012, 03:32:31 PM »

;)
;D

You may have been the first to install two leash plugs, but I'd been blogging about them since 1967.

bean

« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2012, 06:07:47 AM »
Come on...you were blogging before Al Gore invented the internet?  ;D

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
Today at 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard