Author Topic: Imagine GMAC Review  (Read 4302 times)

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Imagine GMAC Review
« on: December 30, 2011, 03:20:28 PM »
    I am going to post the pictures tomorrow surfed till last possible moment until I had to work, but wanted to put up a review wile the session was fresh in my mind. I got this board to be a step up board to my Imagine pro model for when the waves get to be 12 feet faces and up until it gets to be more survival than fun for me.  I just got in from my 1st session on the board and it was 6 to 8 foot faces but I wanted to ride it first before I took it in anything serious.

Board is a 9 9 x 28 x3.5 comes with 5 boxes, and am using the PSH quad fins.  I weigh 185 and it floated me perfect. The board catches waves easily, paddles great, and is really stable for 28 inch wide board. I think has something to do with the way the volume is distributed throughout the top 2/3s of the board. The tail is pulled in much like a semi gun. It is meaty in all the right places and the weight is perfect. I was afraid it was going to be to light before I got it and usually the lighter the board the better.  When it gets BIG and there is some wind you can get blown back up the face trying to drop in back into the impact zone. Not a good position to be in when there is a macker behind you peaking up ready to dump a swimming pool on you.  

The ride is really nice fast loose really responsive even in the head high + sets today. I am going to experiment with fins but the PSH quads worked great so far. We will see what the hold is like when there is some size. This board is not for everyone but if you are looking for something for when it is game time this is the board. I really have to thank Strand leaper for the board review threads because it turned me onto Imagine. I can remember my 9 11 PSH ripper last winter my 1st year from moving from prone to standing and I though sups could not get any better than that. Boy was I wrong these boards are really that good. I could not imagine (no pun intended) going back now I have seen the light.

We are getting a pretty big swell next week so looks like game on. Be safe were that PFD vest when it is big and know you limits. Oh no affilation with them just stoked wanted to share.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 03:43:29 PM by 808 »

Strand Leper

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine GMAC Review
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 08:18:39 PM »

I am so stoked that you are stoked!

You get it... right?  I think the fin placement, and volume distribution are two of the things that REALLY set Corran's boards apart.  Just a whole different level.  He is a genius (but don't tell him that I said that!).

Can't wait to see the pic's. 

My buddy keeps promising me my pics of the Day after Thanksgiving session on my Collab and on the Adam board... I will PM you when they go up.

Also playing around with my Go Pro and will get some footage of the 14 foot open ocean board this weekend... (Some outside reefs will likely have some fun rollers....).  I would like to put the go pro on the Adam board (and may at some point) but not at my usual spot... that would NOT be cool... I am already uncool enough!

Seriously, I am glad that my reviews encouraged you to take the leap.  Just a whole different ballgame!  Keep ripping!

Tim
American Saltwater Angler Magazine's Seven Time Angler of the Year.* Founder and former CEO of "Fishstrong" an organization devoted to the fight against fishbait-hands-smell discrimination.

* subject to revocation due to a pending investigation by the FDA (fisherman drug association)

surf monkey

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 10:10:05 AM »
What a way to end a year and bring in the new one, New killer board and a good swell to surf. Stoked for you like to see the picts.

man I need a new board.

Happy New Year.

What kind of pfd do you use in the big surf ?

soulpaddler

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 10:18:57 AM »
I've looked at that board many times on their website, thanks for the review.  Glad that you are getting some great waves and stay STOKED!!!!!!!!!

maui wave warrior

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 11:12:14 AM »
OK you have sparked my interest. Problem is I have not seen any of these  locally. Where did you get yours 808? I am guessing it would be difficult to find one to demo over here. Corran do you need a marketing rep for Maui?

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 11:31:40 AM »
Here are some pics. I had to sit today out. Strained my neck trying to hit the lip. The wave just threw out ejecting me into the flats in the classic lawn chair position. Ice and rest, swell coming.

Maui, I got mine from someone who was here on vacation. ;)  I just got lucky and was able to buy it after their trip was over.   I would say come grab it and give it a go but I am on Oahu.

Strand, glad I was able to come across this site and see those reviews. The two Imagine boards I own are unlike anything out thier really. They are really new and fresh shapes in my opinion. Mabey, it is the perspective of shaper not coming from your standard lineage. Having the hull design of the kayaks and being a surfer just seams like the perfect storm for a sup shaper. I just hope they keep comming. I am getting closer and closer to being able to surf a sup board like I really want to.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 12:07:38 PM by 808 »

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 11:33:59 AM »
Oops they all did not load.

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 11:35:08 AM »
1 more  ;D I guess the file size was to big for them all to load at once.

surf monkey

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 11:46:14 AM »
WoW

That's a wave catching machine, looks killer.

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 12:12:53 PM »
Here is the Pro and Garrett together.

soulpaddler

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 12:22:21 PM »
Those are looking really nice.  Should be a great set up for where you're at.

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 02:02:13 PM »
surf monkey, I use a Oneil impact vest.  It does get a bit hot, and I feel a little top heavy, but the pros out weigh the cons. I also think it saves me energy by not having to work so hard to collect my gear after a wipeout. Also, with these big boards if I hit my leg or my arm really hard it is a long swim back in. Really, I am a chicken compaired to most the guys here when it comes to wave size.  I try to stay within my limits but you never know the surf can build rapidly.

Happy New Year to you as well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 02:27:52 PM by 808 »

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 16, 2024, 12:40:25 AM
post SIC Raptor Foil and Board For Sale
[Classifieds]
addapost
April 15, 2024, 04:25:26 PM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 15, 2024, 02:40:38 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal