Author Topic: Calling Florida SUP Racers and SUP Surfers  (Read 8547 times)

EastFL

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Calling Florida SUP Racers and SUP Surfers
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 02:38:19 PM »
I got an engagement party the night before, so don't think I can make the party, I'm also coming from Boca so i think its a bit of a drive,  does anyone have a board I could borrow? preferably in the 8'6 range?

I'll check around Reid.  If nothing else, you can use my 9'6" PSH ripper.  However, I'll see if we can find you a smaller board.

EastFL

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 06:34:16 AM »
I got an engagement party the night before, so don't think I can make the party, I'm also coming from Boca so i think its a bit of a drive,  does anyone have a board I could borrow? preferably in the 8'6 range?

Reid.... we have you set with an 8' or 8'6" custom made by Capt Ron aka AbsoluteTrip on here that you can use for the surf contest.   He makes great boards for the surf. 

surfsadhu

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 08:54:49 AM »
Sounds fun! My buddy and I are in St. Augustine and we hope to do this next year.

Reid SUP'd

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • SUPR Adventures
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 01:53:43 PM »
thanks EastFl! whats your name and email? so i can contact, I'm going to keep an eye on the forecast and then try to convince my fiancé to take a drive up there with me, we are coming from boca so its a bit of a trip i here.
Supr Adventures
lisup.blogspot.com

OldSkoot

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 02:10:52 PM »
  I cannot surf , literally since the accident i can barely paddle. I'd be curious to see if an experienced SUP'r/surfer would give some feedback on my current board in the surf.

EastFL

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 02:54:08 PM »
  I cannot surf , literally since the accident i can barely paddle. I'd be curious to see if an experienced SUP'r/surfer would give some feedback on my current board in the surf.

Skoot... sorry to hear about your injury.  If you're looking for feedback come on out and chill with the group.  There will be a lot of experienced paddlers there more than willing to give you some insight or perspective. 

EastFL

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 05:38:55 PM »
thanks EastFl! whats your name and email? so i can contact, I'm going to keep an eye on the forecast and then try to convince my fiancé to take a drive up there with me, we are coming from boca so its a bit of a trip i here.

Sorry... missed this Reid.  Erik 386-931-3868 

Old School

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 05:52:03 PM »
I don't own a race board (yet), but I hate that I'm going to miss this.  I live in Vero Beach, about 100 miles south, but no way I could get there in time on Saturday.  Too many commitments.  Hope you have more of these. 

jdmotes

• JD Motes
  • Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 03:50:25 AM »
 Hey EastFL... Wife and I were involved in an auto accident while making a board delivery to south Fl, yesterday. Have to deal with all the aftermath and my van was damaged. Weekend plans to Mayor's Cup now looking pretty dim. We will see but, if not, hope it all goes super-well for you guys....    Paddle on (with soul),     JD
JD Motes/Water Bound Sports LLC
Florida; Ga; S.C; Sales Rep for:
Progressive SUP
Exocet SUP
Kona SUP
Epic Gear SUP Paddles and Accessories
Ke Nalu Precision SUP Paddles

EastFL

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 10:55:06 AM »
JD: Bummed to hear about your accident.  Hope you are both okay. 

jdmotes

• JD Motes
  • Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 05:56:15 PM »
Thanks man... Yes, we are both fine. My van (ole Bessy) took it on the chin for us. Other driver not so fortunate. She ran stop sign crossing our path and on impact her car barrel-rolled a few times. I'm hoping she lives but she will likley lose her left arm which was very mangled. All I could do to reduce bleeding till EMT's arrived... Had to bandaid ole Bessy to get us back to north Florida...
 That was a real eye opener. A second sooner to that intersection and I'm taking her full impact on my drive side door! We were both very lucky, indeed...  Paddle on (with soul), JD
JD Motes/Water Bound Sports LLC
Florida; Ga; S.C; Sales Rep for:
Progressive SUP
Exocet SUP
Kona SUP
Epic Gear SUP Paddles and Accessories
Ke Nalu Precision SUP Paddles

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2011, 01:40:16 PM »
Looks like there will be some fun surf for tomorrow.  Hopefully the winds will stay down.  Cant wait to see everyone out! ;D

EastFL

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2011, 05:33:10 PM »
Wow, so excited with how the event turned out.  We had 85 racers out on Saturday and 23 Sup SURFERS on Sunday.  We had a couple glitches to learn from in the first year, but overall couldn't be happier.  Flatwater race had some current and wind to contend with and the surf was contestable albeit chunky chest to shoulder high with some onshore "sport" to it.   

BIG thanks to everyone that came out to support and participate!

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2011, 05:35:41 PM »
What no pics

EastFL

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2011, 05:46:27 PM »
Here's just a quick random sampling of the event.  We had a great awards reception at SoNapa Grille hosted by the Mayor after the flatwater race. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal